Shows a zoomed out "outline" of your code while you're editing it.
JDK6, 7, IntelliJ IDEA, RubyMine, Community Edition, PhpStorm/WebStorm, PyCharm, AppCode
Download latest version of Code Outline 2. Place this file into your IntelliJ IDEA plugin folder.
- Left mouse button: Go to position in file (do not expand fold region)
- Double-click: Go to position in file, expand fold region if necessary
- Ctrl+Left button: Go to position in file, no smooth scroll
- Shift+Left button + drag: Select text
- Middle mouse button + drag: "Preview scroll" to position in file (snaps back to original position when you release the mouse button)
- Ctrl+Middle button + drag: "Preview scroll" to position, no smooth scroll
- Right mouse button: Popup menu / preferences
- Mouse wheel: Scroll page up/down
- (Fixed 0.5) Soft horizontal scroll
- (Fixed 0.5) Scale outline when it's too tall to fit
- Soft vertical scroll
- Render for breakpoint and bookmarks
- Cursor rendering as hl line
- Rotate or wrap outline when toolwindow is moved to top or bottom
- Use user's color settings for selection, background, etc
- Highlight highlighted regions
- Show syntax coloring in outline
- New rendering mode (like in AllMargins): http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/465a0d53-5133-4edd-a0cd-94484fe3d853
- (Fixed in 0.5) Plugin does not work when running on Java 6 (JDK 6.0)
- (Fixed in 0.5) Code Outline panel is not always rendered when open file or tab
- (Fixed in 0.5) Exceptions when pointing to not existing place in code
- (Fixed in 0.5) Not current panel opened if not last tab selected when opening project
- (Not a bug) Resizing Code Outline panel consume a lot of CPU cause repainted every tick. Repainting code is not regenerating img every scrollable area changed event occurred, but when resizing involves changes in visible empty area. It changes img height. This flow exists cause there is no scaling of rendered source.
- (Fixed in 0.5) Windows jumps randomly when dragged when text too width and horizontal offset. ? (Not Resolved) Plugin not deal well with deleting large amounts of text when file is too large
- (Fixed in 0.5) Not always image in the panel is rendered when switching for the first time throught a lot of tabs
- (Fixed in 0.5) In 10.5 there is no notifyPublisher method in FileEditorManagerEx
- Visible region draws incorrectly when first and last line visible in editor are both folded
- Problems when closing tab groups
- Does not draw column-mode (rectangular) selection correctly
- Seeking in folding areas (unfold)
If you want to debug it in runtime, it's recommended to increase PermGen size for your debug project to startup or you are able to get unpredictable jvm experience. To deal with it use something like this: -Xms2G -Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=2G
To run IDEA in the sandbox use: /usr/java/default/bin/java -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=127.0.0.1:49670,suspend=y,server=n -Xms2G -Xmx4G -XX:MaxPermSize=2G -Xbootclasspath/a:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/boot.jar -Didea.config.path=~/.IdeaIC11/system/plugins-sandbox/config -Didea.system.path=~/.IdeaIC11/system/plugins-sandbox/system -Didea.plugins.path=~/.IdeaIC11/system/plugins-sandbox/plugins -Didea.platform.prefix=Idea -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath /usr/java/default/lib/tools.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/idea_rt.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/idea.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/bootstrap.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/extensions.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/util.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/openapi.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/trove4j.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/jdom.jar:~/idea-com/idea-IC-108.SNAPSHOT/lib/log4j.jar com.intellij.idea.Main
Also com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain can be used.
This is the fork of original code-outline plugin that is not supported since 2005 year.