convert a "show" file to PDF via some pre-processing, then markdown, then beamer.
This is really a first cut push; I am woefully short of time and will do a better job as soon as I can get some quality time to spend with backslashes :-)
this source tree. Contains:
- the main script "showpdf"
- Markdown.pl, a single file perl script to convert markdown to HTML
- mdbeamer.pl, to convert HTML to latex
- md2pdf.show, which is the raw input for the "demo" show
- md2pdf.pdf, which is the corresponding output (strictly speaking should not be checked in, but you may want to see what it looks like without installing and running it...)
Markdown, from here
- but this is really just one perl program so I've included it here
the "texlive-latex" package
the "graphviz" package
mdbeamer.pl (included in this source tree)
perl, including the
That should do it...
Latex is very very finicky. Debugging this, if it bombs, is a royal PITA. Right now, while this all works fine on Mandriva, it aborts with a "Runaway argument?" error on Fedora 13 and I have neither the time nor the brains to fix it :(