CHANGELOG - throttle
4.0.2 - 2022-06-21
- The E6 Module convertion in 4.0 broke version check ('--version') making installs failed. PR #74 is a temporaty fix for that.
4.0.1 - 2022-06-17
- Removed the dependecy of route. Using
ip routeinstead and we already have
ipas a requirement.
4.0.0 - 2022-04-14
- Converting the project to ES6 module. If you run Throttle by command line it will work exactly as before except that we dropped support for NodeJS 10 #67. You can read Sindre Sorhus ESM package guide.
- Updated dev dependencies to latest versions #68
3.1.1 - 2022-04-19
- Updated minimist dependency.
3.1.0 - 2021-12-26
- Add support for setting packet loss. Add
--packetLossand set the loss in percentage.
3.0.0 - 2021-08-09
- When you run on Mac OS we changed so localhost traffic is not throttled by default. To throttle on localhost use
--localhost. This makes sence if you use WebDriver to drive your browser on your local machine. And Mac OS now works the same as Linux.
2.1.2 - 2021-07-29
2.1.1 - 2021-03-19
2.1.0 - 2021-03-10
- Added support for config files. Use
--config config.jsonto read configuration setup from a file.
2.0.2 - 2020-09-10
- Make the install as small as possible.
2.0.1 - 2020-08-22
- Removed the execa dependency to make sure we have minimal dependencies #53.
2.0.0 - 2020-08-14
- You can now set one of up/down/rtt if you like as introduced by Iñaki Baz Castillo - thank you! Implemented in #46. This also remove the default profile meaning there's a change in behavior if you run throttle without any parameters. Before a default profile was used but now you get an error (you know need to set a profile or set up/down or rtt).
- You can use
--logto log all networks commands #45.
- Added support to add delay on for localhost on OS X. Use
--rtt 100 --localhost#51.
- Add missing await when removing the ingress if removing root fails for tc #47.
- Better error handling in the CLI #48. Make sure that the exit code is > 0 if setting the throttling fails.
- Removed configuration file for pfctl to make it easier to set up dynamic dummynet #49
- Updated execa to 4.0.3.
- Removed log message "using default profile"
- You can log all the commands that sets up the throttling by setting
- Updated minimist
- Fixed dependency tree and npm-shrinkwrap to only hold dependencies for production.
- Another fix to 2g to get that right, thank you Matt! #37.
- Another execa fix, hopefully fixing the last thing + added more tests in Travis.
- Over optimistic Execa upgraded caused Throttle to stop working #32.
- Updated dependencies #31.
- Simplified profile/stop/help. You can now start with:
throttle $profileand stop with
- Catching when ifb has already been setup.
- Another go at trying to try/catch failing settings.
- Rewrite to async/await from promises
- Ensure setup has completed fully before returning when starting throttling with tc.
- Always return Promises from start() and stop(), even in case of errors.
- Typo in the CLI help
- Simpler way to set connectivity with tc
- You can now see the version with --version
- You can now use pre defined profiles.
- Always remove filters before we try to set them.