This adds a friendly batch-uploader to paperclipped, with progress bars and a very simple interface. We use SWFupload to do most of the work.
The completion of each upload triggers an ajax call to drop a simple description form into what was previously the progress bar, so it's now possible to cue up a batch of uploads and describe them when they finish. It's very quick and easy to use.
It works. It's new but quite tidy. It should handle errors reasonably well but only to report a failure. It's not properly browser-tested yet.
git submodule add git://github.com/spanner/radiant-paperclipped_uploader-extension.git vendor/extensions/paperclipped_uploader rake radiant:extensions:paperclipped_uploader:update
- At the moment you need our fork of paperclipped for this to work: flash uploads don't come with content-types so we've had to intervene.
- Flash uploads don't come with cookies or any other useful context either, so there is a semi-standard hack in the submission code to send that information by POST instead, and another couple in CGI::Session to get it out again.
Author & Copyright
- William Ross, for spanner. will at spanner.org
- Copyright 2009 spanner ltd
- released under the same terms as Rails and/or Radiant