MediumDesk is a simple app that lets you read and write Medium stories when you are at your desk. Developed by Medium enthusiasts
(Current version : 0.2.1)
Windows (7+) - Coming Soon
The goal of this app is to purely extend medium.com's experience into desktops. We don't intend to modify/replace any behavior. For every feature we add, we ask ourselves "Would Medium do it, If they built a desktop app?".
- The first goal is to be able to use medium.com without any issues in it's own window. So it is always accessible through your Applications folder, Dock / Task Bar, Search. To find your draft, you don't have to dig through browser tabs anymore.
- Native Menus & Shortcuts for commonly used functions (Cmd N / Ctrl N - New Story, Cmd F / Ctrl F - Search Medium, Cmd 0-7 / Ctrl 0-7 - Home, Drafts, Public Stories, Stats, Bookmarks, Publications, Profile, Settings.)
- Import file from disk...
- Back & Forward within the App
- Open in Browser
- Pin pages to keep them open
- External URLs show a top bar similar to medium
Feel free to submit issues and enhancement requests.
MediumDesk is built with Electron & would love to accept pull requests for any issues or feature request.
$ npm install
$ npm start
- Build OS X:
$ npm run build:osx
- Build Linux:
$ npm run build:linux
- Build Windows:
$ npm run build:windows
- Build all:
$ brew install wineand
$ npm run build(OS X only)