My dev environment
Recently, my college just got his new Macbook Pro and asking me which tools I'm using on a daily basis. So I think it would be a good idea to list all tools that I'm using right now.
I'm also using a Macbook Pro
- Vim - My main editor for coding
😎(Using MacVim binary) Check out my vimrc setup here
- Textmate - A good alternative when I want to use a mouse (rarely though)
- MacDown - Open source Markdown editor for MacOS. Nice way to get a preview for you Markdown files.
👨🏻💻 Command Line Tools & Shell
- Homebrew - The missing package manager for macOS
- ohmyzsh - Lovin' all that auto complete
❤️Make your terminal a happy one.
- Yarn - Package manager for node.js Much better than NPM in my opinion.
- Surge - Deploy static web by running only one command. Very good for testing stuff.
- create-react-app - Create React apps with no build configuration.
- gitmoji-cli - CLI tool for using emojis on git commits.
- json-server - Get a full fake REST API with zero coding in less than 30 seconds (seriously)
- serve - Say goodbye to Python's SimpleHTTPServer.
🖥 Tools for MacOS
- Amphetamine - Gotta keep your Mac awake!
- Alfred - A spotlight replacement. Lighting fast
- Spectacle - A tool for window control. Ever want that window of your to fit the left side of the screen or move it to another display? This one is for those.
- iTerm2 - A terminal replacement with many cool features.
- Mosaic - Similar to Spectacle, but I'm only use this as an alternative when I'm dragging the window around and not using the Spectacle's shortcut.
- iStatMenu - Monitor your Mac right from the menu bar.
- Bartender - Organize your menu bar. Especially useful if
you also use iStatMenu.
I will try to keep this list updated as possible. Check out the source code for this post for each version of this list.
April 02, 2018