Description: Multi channel MIDI step sequencer LV2 plugin with a variable matrix
a) Install the bsequencer (bsequencer-lv2) package for your system
- Arch linux by David Runge
- Free BSD by yurivict
- NixOS by Bart Brouns
- Check https://repology.org/project/bsequencer/versions for other systems
b) Build your own binaries in the following three steps.
Step 1: Clone or download this repository.
Step 2: Install pkg-config and the development packages for x11, cairo, and lv2 if not done yet. On Debian-based systems you may run:
sudo apt-get install pkg-config libx11-dev libcairo2-dev lv2-dev
Step 3: Building and installing into the default lv2 directory (/usr/lib/lv2/) is easy. Simply call:
make sudo make install PREFIX=/usr
from the directory where you downloaded the repository files. For installation into an
alternative directory (e.g., /usr/local/lib/lv2/), change the variable
PREFIX while installing:
sudo make install PREFIX=/usr/local
After the installation Carla, Ardour and any other LV2 host should automatically detect B.SEQuencer.
If jalv is installed, you can also call it
to run it stand-alone and connect it to the JACK system.
- Step sequencer with a selectable pattern matrix size (8x16, 16x16, 24x16, or 32x16)
- Autoplay or host / MIDI controlled playing
- Handles multiple MIDI inputs signals (keys) in one sequencer instance
- Use musical scales and / or drumkits
- Scale & drumkit editor
- Controls for playing direction, jump, skip, and stop options placeable to any position within the matrix
- Notes can be associated with four different, configurable output channels
- Output channels connectable with individual MIDI channels