URL Rewrite for Safari
An extension that lets you redirect Safari for specific URLs.
To install, download here.
- Go to the Safari menu, Preferences, Extensions, then select URL Rewrite.
- In Source URL, enter the URL that should be rewritten, e.g.
- In Destination URL, enter the URL that should replace the Source URL, e.g.
- Now, any link that begins with Source URL will have that replaced with Destination URL. In the example above,
http://jira.example.com/PROJ-123would be rewritten to
- There is room for up to 5 replacements in the settings.
- Make sure to include the protocol, like
- There is no wildcard support, just a prefix match.
I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible: I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.
By Sijmen Mulder (email@example.com).