A plotly dash app displaying ownership of firearms in NSW, Australia.
With a combination of:
- Beautiful Soup, to parse the original website
- GeoPandas, for geographic pre-processing
- Dash, for creating the website
- Mapbox, for interactive maps
With dash we use a few notable features, techniques and third-party libraries:
- dash-bootstrap-components, to make pages responsive and pretty
- client side callbacks, for network performance reasons
- store component, for network performance reasons
- bs-breakpoints, to tweak layout for different breakpoints
Sourced from https://www.matthewproctor.com/australian_postcodes
This information is available from the ABS under the listing 1270.0.55.003 - Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS): Volume 3 - Non ABS Structures, July 2016
The specific file used is titled "Postal Areas ASGS Ed 2016 Digital Boundaries in ESRI Shapefile Format"
We did our best to scrape http://toomanyguns.org.
docker build -t toomanyguns .
docker run --name toomanyguns -d -p 8080:80 toomanyguns