Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
- Classes may be cloned from previous years.
- All data is reset for 2014 (aka Pennsic 43).
- Start to normalize where configuration-like data is stored.
- Make it possible to filter users by roles, so changing track leads from one year to another is easier.
- Make PDF output print-ready by squeezing things down as much as reasonably possible.
- Make PDF brief-mode really brief.
- Update instances of classes earlier in hopes that it will improve change log tracking.
- Make material and handout fee fields into floating point values, rather than integer.
- Add a free/busy sheet, showing allocations per hour, across all days and locations.
- Fix conflict check output.
Track Coordinator, Proofreader
- Better support for change logs.
- Enable multiple proofreader support. This marks who has proofread a class, and marks it as completely proofread only when at least two different people have marked it thus.
- Add a comments field, which allows proofreaders to communicate without changing in-line fields to have proofreader-specific meaning.
- Allow selecting a day, and getting a PDF for all track locations, which are intended to be used as "tent cards" to show today's classes at that location.
- Add Markdown processing to class titles and descriptions. This satisfies a request from the proofreaders who wanted to put non-English words in italics and they also get bold for free.
- Produce HTML, CSV, Excel, and PDF output for the entire schedule.
- Add ability to mark users as proofreaders.
This is a new user role which allows limited editing of class data and marking classes as proofread. A proofreader may edit the class title, descriptions, select a different culture, topic, or subtopic. If the location is in a merchant booth or private camp, the name and location can also be changed by a proofreader. Basically, anything that will appear in the Pennsic print-based book or on the web site for public view.
Once marked as proofread, any changes to the class data that a proofreader may change will cause the class to be marked as not proofread. Changes to fields like duration or other values won't cause a class to become non-proofread.
- Add more high-level database summary statistics:
- Total number of classes
- Total number of sessions
- Number of instructors with classes
- Total number of hours
- Add a by-subject break down of classes and hours
- Make many things clickable links that show the classes for this track, scheduled or not, and topic.
- Start work on PDF output. Currently locked to admin only.
- Fixed the ability to select a title for your instructor profile.
- Improved the "about" page.
- On the listing page for all track classes, the scheduling information will be highlighted in red if there is a problem, or green if there is not. If only green is shown for a given class, it is fully scheduled. If there is any red, some bit of information is missing.
- Periodic email with track summaries, classes which need to be scheduled, and scheduling conflicts. What "periodic" means is yet to be determined.
- #52: Updated track list.
- #15 (partial): Some rather major refactoring of the code occurred to change the representation of an instructor profile. This resulted in a lot of code clean up, but few visible changes.
- If email bounces, do not fail to say the class was successfully added. Do warn that an email address needs to be updated, however.
- #22: Added the ability to perform a complete database backup.
- #15: Complete functionality to allow searching for users by names and email.
- #51: provide a per-track class count, including unscheduled and scheduled class counts
- #36: When updating a class, remove any unneeded sessions. The number removed is exactly the number needed to reduce the count to that of the class session count. This has a priority:
- First, remove any "fully blank" instances, where start_time and location are blank.
- Second, remove any instances with just start_time blank.
- Third, remove the oldest instances.
- #29: Menu item to show conflicting classes. All conflicts are shown to all track leads.
- Allow administrators to override location to be in Pennsic University track space. When this occurs, track coordinators are no longer able to edit the location or time.
- Fix admin editing of overridden area fields.
- When the track changes, the location options for instances change automatically as well.
- Fixed updating of contact info and available days on instructor profile.
- Add Viscount, Viscountess, and THL to acceptable SCA titles.
- Improve over-class-limit warning.
- Accept a value that equates to 0.0 to mean "no fee" and disable validation of fee-related fields in that case.
- Times and dates for instances (of classes) must be within the Pennsic class date range.
- Youth Combat track added.
- Display "special needs" on "instructor info" pop-up.
- Change "pending scheduled" search to literally mean not scheduled, rather than "accepted but not scheduled."
- Show instructor name near the top of the form and provide a link to make it easy to send email.
- Update contact link.
- Add a conflict checking script, which reports if the same location or instructor are double-booked.
- Fix Google Analytics tracking code.
- Fix an error where deep bookmarking would cause a server error when visiting that bookmark after logging out. Now, it will correctly force a new log in.
- Update class location options when the track changes
- Fix a defect which allowed locations of "Yes" or "No" when there was no track assigned.
- Increase allowed session count from 4 to 10
- Send email to admin and the instructor on class creation
- #34 Multiple tracks are allowed for coordinators.
- (partial #35) Locations are limited to coordinator-allowed locations.
- #23 Added a second submit and cancel button near the top of the class form, to make it easier than having to scroll a lot.
- #26 Added more track names and locations.
- #32 Instructor session limits can be changed.
- #30 Private Camp and Merchant Area classes are handled differently. They now allow one or the other (or none) to be set, giving more detail to the coordinators.
- #25 Default track for all newly added classes is "Pennsic University"
- Times and locations can now be set on classes.
- Multiple instances of classes are supported, each with their own time and location.
- Administrators can now do anything a track coordinator can do, including scheduling.
- Email addresses for "all instructors" and "all track coordinators" can be found under the Admin menu.
- Classes have instances of classes, which defines a time and a location.
- Location is optional if the class is scheduled to be in a camp or a merchant; in this case, it should be left blank.
- Inputting of date and time is crude, but may be improved later.
- Ensure that not only must a user be a coordinator to modify someone else's class, but they are a coordinator for the track the class belongs to.
- Added a track coordinator listing page, which shows relevant information about the classes which they are able to manage.
- Tract coordinators can edit any class under their track, including marking classes as "approved." Approved classes will soon be able to be scheduled.
- Under the "track" menu, multiple ways to list classes are available: all under track, approved, not approved, etc.
- Administrators can edit any class, anywhere.
- Administrators can edit user names, email addresses, etc.
- Administrators can assign a track to a user, which turns them into a track coordinator for that specific class.