SpeakIt reads selected text using Google TTS (Text-to-Speech) with language auto-detection. It supports all languages supported by Google except Bulgarian, Japanese and Arabic.
Some cool features
- Speech Input since version 0.2.1
- Playback options ( play, pause, volume control, replay)
- Auto reload audio file if loading failed by x reason
- Auto check if Google ask for human verification
How to use:
- Install SpeakIt.
- First select the text you want it to read.
- Then click the SpeakIt icon ( small speaker in top-right corner of Chrome) to start listening.
- When it is ready to read, the number of sentences is shown on the icon and it automatically starts with reading. ( depends of your Internet speed )
- To stop listening at any time click pause
SpeakIt GUI is based on Zen player. Special thanks to simurai (simurai.com) for that.