This was commissioned by the executives of the Queen's Chess Club for a good place to direct people to, and for a better web presence.
Rankings and other small information updates are likely behind on this repo from the website.
Website viewable at www.queensuchess.com.
- Skeleton boilerplate (http://getskeleton.com) and CSS flexbox layouts for the positioning and layout of most elements of the website (https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox/)
- Developed mobile-first for easy mobile navigability
- Flexslider (http://www.woothemes.com/flexslider/) used with modifications on the Home page for the "showcase" as well as in the Photos page to display pictures
- By request, Ladder page grabs rankings from a text file for easy ranking updates
- Google Maps Embed API (https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/embed/) for any viewable maps on the website
- Shredder Computer Chess Daily Puzzle (http://www.shredderchess.com/chess-news/shredder-news/chess-puzzle-webmaster.html)
- Icons used are from http://www.flaticon.com/ and from the appropriate social media sites