automaticDark - Time-Based Theme Changer
This is a simple Firefox WebExtension that allows you to automatically switch between your themes based on the current time.
Set Firefox to change the UI to a dark theme during the night and change back to a light theme during the day!
Try the extension at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/automatic-dark/
- Automatically calculate and set sunrise/sunset times based on your location
- ...or manually set the sunrise and sunset times
- ...or only change the theme based on the system theme!
- Choose the daytime theme and nighttime theme to switch between
- If you have the
privacy.resistFingerprintingflag in about:config set to
True, the extension will not be able to detect your timezone (#5). You would need to make an adjustment in your settings to compensate for this.
- Note that Firefox's Default theme may match the default system themes out of the box (for Windows 10, this is as of 63.0).
- Screenshot of the Options page in version 1.3.0.
Feedback / Contributions
Feedback and pull requests welcome! What do you think? Let me know!