Episode renamer is a simple python script that renames folders of TV episode video files to their proper names.
You can run it in a directory containing episode files of a show as:
episode-renamer.py -g "Show name"
and it will rename all files in the current directory with their proper titles. It also supports AtomicParsley for setting the correct tags for iTunes.
Episode renamer supports various engines for getting episode names:
- imdbapi.poromenos.org - A third party service that parses the IMDB API. More reliable, as IMDB scraping might fail.
- epguides.com - Updated frequently and with good data.
- IMDB - Sometimes might fall a bit behind and fail to scrape.
To install episode renamer you need:
- Python 2.5 or later in the 2.x line (3.x not supported, earlier than 2.5 not tested).
If you have the dependencies, you have multiple options of installation:
- With pip (preferred), do "pip install episode-renamer" (this will also fetch the dependencies if you don't have them).
- With setuptools, do "easy_install episode-renamer" (this will also fetch the dependencies).
- To install the source, download it from http://github.com/skorokithakis/episode-renamer/ and do "python setup.py install".
To run episode renamer, just switch to the directory that contains your show's files, and run:
./episoderenamer.py -d "Show name"
If you want to use AtomicParsley to set all the correct tags, first make sure AtomicParsley is installed and run:
./episoderenamer.py -ad "Show name"
The rest of the options are explained by running: