VIM Plugin for doing a search and replace across many files.
About this plugin
Original plugin by Yegappan Lakshmanan http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1813
Modifications by Yan Pritzker:
- Always grep recursive
- Silence the search so you don't get a gigantic scroll list
- Use :Gsearch to get a buffer window of your search results
- then you can make the replacements inside the buffer window using traditional tools (%s/foo/bar/)
- Invoke :Greplace to make your changes across all files. It will ask you interatively y/n/a - you can hit 'a' to do all.
- Save changes to all files with
To customize command used for
:Gsearch you can update both the command and
the default options.
grepprg will have consequences on other
commands that rely on
grep vim command