AVA is an automatic vibrato and portamento detection and analysis tool
AVA is an automatic vibrato and portamento detection and analysis tool. It accepts raw audio and automatically tracks the vibrato and portamento to display their expressive parameters for inspection and further statistical analysis. see more [https://luweiyang.com/research/ava-project/]
The applications of AVA include music education and expression analysis, and its outputs provide a useful base for expression synthesis and transformation.
Installation instruction please see [https://github.com/skx300/ava/blob/master/AVA-export/readme.txt]
AVA can do:
- on monophonic audio
- vibrato detection
- output vibrato rate, extent and sinusoid similarity
- portamento detection
- output Logistic-based portamento parameters
- allow user to correct the detections
AVA can't do
- on polyphonic audio
- change the vibrato and portamento directly
AVA-export is the exported Matlab-plugin. You can access to source code in other folders.
- Luwei Yang, Khalid Z. Rajab and Elaine Chew. AVA: An Interactive System for Visual and Quantitative Analyses of Vibrato and Portamento Performance Styles, In Proc. of the 17th International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference, 2016.
- Luwei Yang, Khalid Z. Rajab and Elaine Chew. Filter Diagonalisation Method for Music Signal Analysis: Frame-wise Vibrato Detection and Estimation, Journal of Mathematics and Music, DOI: 10.1080/17459737.2016.1263897, 2017.