WooCommerce Dev Helper
This is a simple and opinionated plugin for helping develop/debug WooCommerce & extensions. DO NOT USE ON A PRODUCTION SERVER.
Use Forwarded URLs
Once activated, this plugin will make WordPress use
HTTP_X_ORIGINAL_HOST for all your links instead of your site URL. No configuration needed.
We like to use NGrok for this.
Subscriptions (v1.5.x and v2.x.x)
Adds a "renew" link to each subscription under WooCommerce > Subscriptions for easy renewal processing. This is particularly useful for testing payment gateways that supports subscriptions.
Allows for minutes and hours-long Subscription periods for quicker testing.
Allows for minutes and hours-long Membership lengths for quicker testing.
Adds a testing payment gateway that will call the
$order->payment_complete() method to simulate a credit card payment. Can also be used for Subscriptions automatic renewals.
wp_debug_backtrace()- helper for using the
debug_backtrace()function with a bit more sanity
wp_var_dump()- helper for
var_dump, allowing you to return the output instead of printing
wp_var_log()- helper for
wp_print_r()- helper for
print_rthat wraps the output in
wc_dev_session- JS helper to get all the current session data in console
- Removes the WooCommmerce Updater notice
- Removes the strong password requirement for customer accounts
- Helper for logging actions/filters fired during a page load -- simply add
?wcdh_hooks=actions|filters|all, reload the page, and your desired hooks will be printed to the error log, along with the fired count
Download and install just like any other WordPress plugin. If you want to be really fancy, symlink it into your installs instead.
1.0.0 - 2018-11-06
- Refactor - Use namespaces and rename classes
- Tweak - Add support for ngrok
- Fix - Ensure images load for products when using an https tunnel
- Misc - Require PHP 5.3+
0.8.1 - 2017.12.13
- Fix - Remove WC 3.3+ "Connect to WooCommerce" notice when official plugins are active
0.8.0 - 2017.07.22
- Tweak - Remove dependency on WooCommerce
- Tweak - Add support for domain forwarding as early as possible
0.7.0 - 2017.04.12
- Feature - Use the Bogus gateway for Subscriptions automatic renewals
- Fix - Subscriptions integration throwing a warning in WooCommerce 3.0+
0.6.0 - 2017.02.18
- Feature - Adds a bogus gateway that calls
0.5.0 - 2017.01.19
- Feature - Dump the current session in AJAX to display in browser console
0.4.2 - 2016.10.21
- Tweak - Filter the human access length for membership plans that have a length in minutes or hours set via this helper plugin (Memberships 1.7.2+)
0.4.1 - 2016.10.18
- Fix - Minutes and hours-long periods in membership plans did not work properly or when creating a user membership in admin and setting the length from the membership plan default
0.4.0 - 2016.06.06
- Feature - Added minutes and hours Subscription periods for quicker Subscriptions testing
- Feature - Added Memberships support with minutes and hours Memberships periods for quicker access and dripping testing
- Feature - Added
0.3.0 - 2015.12.28
- Feature - Removes WooCommerce 2.5+ strong password requirement for customer registration
0.2.0 - 2015.09.04
- Feature - Subscriptions 2.0 Compatibility
- Fix - Fix is_ssl() when using Forward
0.1.0 - 2015.07.25
- Initial Release