What does it mean?
**mimetic** |məˈmetik| _adjective_ formal or technical relating to, constituting, or habitually practicing mimesis : mimetic patterns in butterflies. **mimesis** |məˈmēsis; mī-| _noun_ formal or technical imitation, in particular - representation or imitation of the real world in art and literature. - the deliberate imitation of the behavior of one group of people by another as a factor in social change. **kit** |kit| _noun_ a set of articles or equipment needed for a specific purpose : _a first-aid kit._ - a set of all the parts needed to assemble something : _an aircraft kit._ - Brit. the clothing and other items belonging to a soldier or used in an activity such as a sport : _boys in football kit._
MimetiKit is also a modified version of mimetic polyalloy -- the liquid metal substance that the T-1000 was made out of in Terminator 2: Judgement Day. This is a play-on-words relating to the Appcelerator Titanium product.
There are a few goals for this project.
- Run in WebKit-based runtimes and take advantage of all of the fancy WebKit features.
- Designed around desktop UIs first, mobile UIs second. Not intended for web UIs. YMMV.
- Built on top of jQuery. Framework independence may come later, but is not a priority now.
- Provide an a-la-carte tookit (i.e., a set of loosely-coupled components). Use what you need; leave the rest.
- Produce simple, clean HTML with plenty of hooks for custom styling.
Not started yet:
- Icon-based, Tweetie-like sidebar.
- Drag a list item out onto a canvas for dropping.
- Table sorting where rows and columns visibly reorder themselves.
- Animated tab sections that resize appropriately as the tab content changes.
- iOS-like scrolling list headers. (e.g. the headers stay at the top as the items scroll by.)
- Growl notification display & history. This blends ideas from Growl and Android notification history.
- Lists and grids where removed items fade before collapsing. Apply the reverse for adding items. Good for filtering.
Buttons Button Groups iPad-like context menus iTunes/Finder sidebar tree. Vanishing iOS/iPhoto '11-style scrollbars Click-and-drag support for checkbox multiselect. DOM generation utility. This will be DOMBuilder.
License and Copyright
Copyright (c) 2010 Ryan Parman
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.