Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Project
Introduction to the Project
- DicomReader is a simple Java DICOM files reader and it has been developed as part of the Volumetric Bias Correction paperwork.
- DicomReader handles headers as well as images contained in the Dicom files:
- Data (headers and pixel-value images) is saved into ascii plain text files.
- A pgm version of the image files is provided as an option for the user.
- The graphical user interface, based on Swing components, allows the user to
choose the file names where headers and images will be saved to.
If a pgm image is also desired, its name is automatically generated from the ascii text image’s file name.
- DicomReader needs a Dicom dictionary in order for it to work, where it can read Dicom tags from and take the correct action for each of them, accordingly.
- If multi-sliced Dicom files are provided, results will be saved with the same file basename selected in the user interface and a sequence number will be appended at its end, keeping the original file name extension unchanged (if provided by the user).
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.