SLAMcore ROS Melodic Demos and Tutorials
This repository contains packages to go alongside our dedicated demonstration tutorials which will allow you to get SLAMcore up and running with ROS Melodic in no time. The current example demonstrates how to integrate SLAMcore with the ROS Navigation Stack and was designed for a Kobuki mobile base, with a Jetson Xavier NX and RealSense D435i depth camera. Nevertheless, by following our Navigation Stack Integration Tutorial you will be able to modify the launch and config files in this repo to suit your setup.
To run the demo in this repository, you will need:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- SLAMcore ROS Wrapper - You will need to request access to download.
- ROS Melodic
- Intel RealSense D435i (x86 & Jetson) or D455 Depth Camera (x86 only)
For more details on the full requirements to run SLAMcore, visit our Requirements Page.
- First, install ROS Melodic and the SLAMcore ROS Wrapper by following the SLAMcore ROS1 Wrapper Tutorial
- Next, to learn how to integrate SLAMcore's positioning and mapping ROS wrapper with the ROS Navigation Stack follow the Navigation Stack Integration Tutorial.
- The tutorial will take you through all the steps from cloning this repository and setting up dependencies to creating a map, navigating and sending goals from a remote machine.