A light, super fast, and intuitive static build system made for front end development and building web apps.
Make sure you have node.js installed, then just run
npm install roots -g and you'll be all set.
- If you encounter problems when installing. Please ensure Xcode and Xcode Command Line Tools are Installed.
- From Xcode go to Preferences -> Download -> Command Line Tools -> Install to install command line tools.
- If you encounter problems when installing. Please ensure Python and Visual C++ runtime executables are installed.
- You can install Windows Visual C++ components by doing any of the following: Installing Visual Studio 2005 or above, installing the .NET framework or manually adding it to your system PATH if it already exists on your machine.
Once you have roots installed, you can use the command line to wrangle your project. You must be at least somewhat familiar with the command line to be able to use roots. All the possible commands and options are explained clearly on the man page.
All roots tutorials and resources that are recommended by the core team are listed below:
- official roots tutorials - walkthroughs of roots' major functionality
- official roots documentation - documentation for major roots features and functionality
If you are confused and/or having trouble, one of the solutions below will almost certainly get you back on your feet:
- Consult the docs
- File an issue
- Ask us in the official IRC channel on freenode, #roots-dev
- Tweet at me, and we'll work it out
See the issues for discussion of upcoming features and additions. Roots is very actively developed and is moving forward at a rapid pace. Our goal is to push static sites and "single page apps" as far as they can possibly go, and we're well on the way.
I would love to have more contributors, and if you've helped out, you are awesome. I want to give a huge thanks especially to these people:
We are very open to new people getting involved and contributing. Come chat with us on IRC at freenode/#roots-dev if this seems like your kind of jam.
See the contribution guide!
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.