The Sleep Portal is a web-application designed to easily connect across multiple heterogeneous relational databases and expose these to researchers through a powerful search interface that shows interactive counts and graphs of the underlying data. The Sleep Portal also allows the generation of dynamic datasets and reports from the underlying data, and provides the ability to aggregate and download associated files using a single click file downloader. A data dictionary approach is used to define data and database relationships. Using Rails 4.0+ and Ruby 2.1.0+.
Once you have the prerequisites in place, you can proceed to install bundler which will handle most of the remaining dependencies.
gem install bundler
This README assumes the following installation directory: /var/www/sleepportal
cd /var/www git clone https://github.com/sleepepi/sleepportal.git cd sleepportal bundle install
Install default configuration files for database connection, email server connection, server url, and application name.
ruby lib/initial_setup.rb bundle exec rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake assets:precompile RAILS_ENV=production
Run Rails Server (or use Apache or nginx)
rails s -p80
Open a browser and go to: http://localhost
Contributing to the Sleep Portal
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2014 Division of Medicine Program of Sleep Medicine Epidemiology. See LICENSE for further details.