(in no particular order)
Support markdown support attributes (specifically different classes) in inline code blocks
Reusing/referencing code blocks from other code blocks.
- Other languages?
Expanding/Collapsing code blocks. create CSS, at least for the basic "inline"
- supporting re-evaluation of blocks, on demand
support named code blocks, showing names in the document
- decouple the styles from the code using them
reporting errors in literate code block properly Allow for more control of how errors are reported (maybe a custom panel/fixture?)
- Add the option to see the imported/used scripts in the file. To (optionally) nicely show references
- Utility functions
Displaying tabular data easily
- allow highlighting inputs from the code it is used in
- Add interaction with other input types
- add some notion/option for reuse of pages
- entails some notion of namespaces.
- adding support for integrating unit tests nicely.
- Document extension points
- for extensions: add the option to fallback to previous/default behavior
specify a specific extension for a specific element (e.g. drawing results)
- hook for
before/after block execution
allow true out-of-order execution. code blocks should be able to easily reference other code blocks. tooltips for inline block should show the code used for calculating it.
- allow integration with external code
- literate code templates.
- add the option to easily show/hide hidden code blocks
for collapsed code block - tooltip that shows the code. for inline code block, after evaluation - have an option to show underlying code, e.g. using a tooltip, or by clicking on it.
- compiler/command line tool for generating a separate script out of a litjs document.
- add the option to show hidden code blocks (by default - hidden)
- extension to allow tracking of a variable/input in a large document.
- bug: allow multiple classes for inline code fragments in markdown extension
- loading and showing data files
- better packaging for extensions?