iOS SMS merge
This is a simple script to merge iOS SMS message SQLite databases. The script does not move attachment files, which can be found in
System Files/Media Domain/Library/SMS. I developed this script for use with iOS 9.2, but it may work for older/newer versions.
Always make backups of your backups before messing with things. Perform these steps at your own risk!
- Export your databases with something like iBackupBot (SMS messages are under User Information Manager) and place in the directory along this script.
- Update the target and source database paths in
- Install dependencies with
- Run the script with
- Import the updated target db back into your phone (note: this can only be done to unencrypted backups)
- Manually merge attachment folders and import back into your phone.
- Restore the backup (using iTunes)