Discord Shmot Bot
My first attempt at a Discord bot. It uses the shm-reduplication to mock your last word:
The first word has to be his name (ShmotBot, Shmotty or Shmot) for him to react.
Run Bot Locally
To run the bot locally, you have to do the following:
- Clone this repository (duh!)
- Follow An Idiot's Guide until you have a bot token ready to use and NodeJS installed
- Install discord packages via command line
- Create a file named config.json in the base folder that contains the string
- Start bot via command line
- Open up Discord and see it in action
Note: To redeploy it press Control+C and run
node index.js again.
Add Bot to Server
Can you just add this bot to your server? I'm not sure yet, but I don't think so. You need to let the PC running it on 24/7.
- I was following An Idiot's Guide
- I'm not sure what to commit; I'm trying to see what works and what the internet suggests
- Crash Course on Testing (because first attempt)
This project is licensed under the MIT - see the license file for details.