- Author: Stef Schulz
- Repository: https://github.com/slothsoft/shera-translator
- Open Issues: https://github.com/slothsoft/shera-translator/issues
- Web Application: http://app.slothsoft.de
The new She-Ra series on Netflix has its own language, so naturally I'm playing around with it trying make it easier for me to write my name in these symbols. Dreamworks has a handy guide for understanding the language.
I actually wanted to try my hands at web development for this, and it's as bad as you'd assume from a senior Java developer. Still I'm working on my skills.
The last release of the web application can be found here.
The official sounds are implemented to look like this:
There are far from perfect and only a first draft created in a couple hours.
English doesn't really have rules for the pronunciation, and since my focus is the generation of the language images it'll always be necessary to write phonetically.
German fares a lot better here, since it's always pronounced the same. But it has sounds that English doesn't (and vice versa) so the symbols are lacking. I'd still love to get a second opinion on how to translate English sounds to German ones. The current attempt is located here.
I don't speak any other languages so if anyone wants to create another mapping, go ahead.
I'm self-organizing using GitHub issues. And since this is a project for me to learn new stuff, I try to have my work process visible.
|0.3.1||Pretty Sounds||Web Link|
|0.2.0||Words & Groups||Web Link|
|0.1.0||Proof of Concept||Web Link|
The release contains the following files and folders:
- webapp/ - all the files necessary to run this project on a web server
- LICENSE - the license
- README.html - this file as HTML
- shera-translator.jar - the Java application as runnable JAR (if you have Java installed)
Releasing is done with the following steps:
- update readme file to include the version to be released
mvn release:prepare release:perform -DscmCommentPrefix="[#00]"
- commit / push all changes made during the release
- the finished ZIP is shera-release/target/shera-release-<version>.zip; it's contents are in shera-release/target/release/; copy the ZIP to https://github.com/slothsoft/shera-translator/releases
These steps are done automatically by the Maven release:
- removes the snapshot from the files pom.xml
- creates a tag with the version as a name
- updates the version to the next development version
- copies the webapp to http://app.slothsoft.de/shera
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the MIT license for details.