Slack Shmot Bot
My first attempt at a Slack bot. It uses the shm-reduplication to mock your last word:
You need to talk to him directly or mention him in a group he is in for him to react.
The original ShmotBot (for Discord) is located here.
Run Bot Locally
To run the bot locally, you have to do the following:
- Clone this repository
- Follow easy-peasy-bot until you have a bot token ready to use and NodeJS installed
- Install packages via command line
- Copy the file .env.default in the base folder to .env and fill it with your bot token like this
- Start bot via command line
- Open up Slack and see it in action
Note: To redeploy it press Control+C and run
node index.js again.
Add Bot to Server
It seems possible to deploy bots to Slack, I just haven't tried it yet.
This project is licensed under the MIT - see the license file for details.