A collection of tunes for the Wellington Irish session.
A static website
This is a static website that use Jekyll to process files and generate the
website. Each tune is included as a markdown file in the
An example of the front-matter for Flooded Road to Glenties, in the file
_tunes/flooded-road-to-glenties.md, is given below:
--- title: Flooded Road to Glenties titleID: a key: Bdor rhythm: reel mode: date: 2017-01-12 location: Arrowtown Wellington notes: tags: slowsession regtuneoftheweek: slowtuneoftheweek: 2017-01-18 mp3_file: /mp3/flooded-road-to-glenties.mp3 mp3_licence: "© Fergal Scahill. All Rights Reserved." mp3_source: <a href="https://www.facebook.com/FergalScahillMusic/">Fergal Scahill</a> mp3_url: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1189223307840669 alt_mp3_url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdqWfnJhmgY source: Wellington abc_source: The Session abc_url: https://thesession.org/tunes/3440 abc: | X: 1 T: The Flooded Road To Glenties R: reel M: 4/4 L: 1/8 K: Bdor |:A|FB~B2 cfec|Bcec BAFE|FB~B2 ceaf|gfeg ~f3e| fafe cfec|~B3A Bcfg|af~f2 fecB|cfec ~B3:| |:c|dB~B2 aBgB|fB~B2 ceAc|dB~B2 abaf|gfeg ~f3e| fafe Bcec|~B3A Bcef|a3b~f3 f|ecAc ~B3:| ---
Use the webpage:
to supply similar information to add new tunes to the collection. Put an MP3
file that matches the one generated by the script in the
mp3 folder in order
for the audio to play.
Loading changes to live website
Once you've pushed updates to the Branch: master these changes need to be incorporated to the Branch: gh-pages.
Using the website:
you can issue a Pull request to get the changes from the master branch into the gh-pages branch.
- Select the button New pull request
- You should now see a screen headed Compare changes
- Set base: to gh-pages and compare: to master
- Make sure you get these in the right order otherwise you'll downgrade the master branch to be the same as the gh-pages branch
- If you're happy that the changes should be committed to the live website, press Create pull request
- You should see a message like: asjl wants to merge 1 commit into gh-pages from master
- Choose Merge pull request and then Confirm Merge
- You should see a message like: asjl merged 1 commit into gh-pages from master 12 seconds ago
- Check the website https://wellington.session.nz/ to make sure the changes are correct.
This code open source (released under the licence at:
You are very welcome to copy the code and customise it for your own purposes.