cocos2d for iPhone
cocos2d for iPhone is a framework for building 2D games, demos, and other graphical/interactive applications for iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X. It is based on the cocos2d design but instead of using python it, uses objective-c.
cocos2d for iPhone is:
- Easy to use
- Community Supported
How to start a new game
$ cd cocos2d-iphone $ ./install-templates.sh -f
- And then open Xcode -> New -> New Project -> cocos2d v2.x
- Scene management (workflow)
- Transitions between scenes
- Sprites and Sprite Sheets
- Effects: Lens, Ripple, Waves, Liquid, etc.
- Actions (behaviours):
- Trasformation Actions: Move, Rotate, Scale, Fade, Tint, etc.
- Composable actions: Sequence, Spawn, Repeat, Reverse
- Ease Actions: Exp, Sin, Cubic, Elastic, etc.
- Misc actions: CallFunc, OrbitCamera, Follow, Tween
- Basic menus and buttons
- Integrated with physics engines: Box2d and Chipmunk
- Particle system
- Fast font rendering using Fixed and Variable width fonts
- Support for .ttf fonts
- Tile Map support: Orthogonal, Isometric and Hexagonal
- Parallax scrolling
- Motion Streak
- Render To Texture
- Touch/Accelerometer on iOS
- Touch/Mouse/Keyboard on Mac
- Sound Engine support (CocosDenshion library) based on OpenAL
- Integrated Slow motion/Fast forward
- Fast textures: PVR compressed and uncompressed textures
- Point based: RetinaDisplay mode compatible
- Language: objective-c
- Open Source Commercial Friendly: Compatible with open and closed source projects
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (iOS) / OpenGL 2.1 (Mac) based
Mac OS X 10.6 (or newer), Xcode 4.2 (or newer)
- iOS 4.0 or newer for iOS games
- Snow Leopard (v10.6) or newer for Mac games
How to run the tests
Select the test you want from Xcode Scheme chooser.
Then click on Xcode -> Product -> Run
How to contribute to the project
Did you find a bug ? Do you have feature request ? Do you want to merge a feature ?
Download from github
$ git clone git://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-iphone.git $ cd cocos2d-iphone $ git checkout develop-v2 $ git submodule update --init