Ev3 Tracked Explorer Mark II
The Ev3 Tracked Explorer Mark II is a rover built with Lego Mindstorms Ev3 and Lego Technic parts. I've replaced the firmware running on the Ev3 brick with ev3dev firmware, which let you program the Ev3 brick with Python (among other prossible choices).
Main features of the Ev3 Tracked Explorer Mark II vehicle:
- N.2 Ev3 Large Motors for driving
- N.1 Ev3 Medium Motor to rotate the head
- N.1 Ev3 Infrared sensor mounted on the rotating head to scan the envirnoment for obstacles
Main features of the Ev3 Tracked Explorer Mark II software:
- The rover can be controlled from a desktop app running on a Windows PC
- The rover streams sensor and motors telemetry to the desktop app
There are two projectes in this repository:
- Remote Control App is a Universal Windows Application that connects to the rover via UDP/IP protocol to send driving commands and to receive telemetry data. From this application the rover you can control the rover with a PS4 Dual Shock Controller.
- Rover App contains the Python scripts that run on the Ev3-brick. These scripts wait for commands from the Remote Control App, drive the rover accordingly, and send back telemetry data.
Have a look at the Smallrobots.it blog for details.