Begin Community Code of Conduct
Effective: January 1, 2017
By participating and contributing to the Small Wins (aka Begin) community -- including, but not limited to its open source projects, any related online venues such as Github, Slack, in-person events, etc. -- you agree to this Code of Conduct. Lack of familiarity with this Code of Conduct is not an excuse for not adhering to it.
The Code of Conduct & you
Doing your part
You agree to do your part in helping us ensure that the Begin community is a safe, positive, inclusive, constructive, and welcoming environment for others, regardless of:
- Gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Personal appearance
- Body size and shape
- Socioeconomic class or background
- Religion (or lack thereof)
What we actively work towards
- Creating and maintaining a safe, positive, inclusive community
- Cultivating a network of support & encouragement
- Sharing varied and diverse perspectives
- Being excellent to each other
What that means in practice is zero tolerance for behavior and communication that includes, but is not limited to:
- Threats or intimidation of any kind
- Stalking and excessive attention (including photography or recording)
- Doxing or disclosure of any private information
- Offensive or inappropriate humor
- Intentionally disruptive behavior
This may come in the form of language, imagery, or other forms of communication, and may be in person or online.
If you are the subject of any behavior prohibited by this Code of Conduct, or observe someone who is, please contact a Begin team member immediately.
If you know a Begin team member, you may wish to contact them personally (and you should); but if not, please contact us via email.
If possible, please attempt to collect any relevant information and evidence, including links, screenshots, or other recordings of any incident.
Reports will be handled with the utmost care, confidence, and sensitivity towards the individual(s) reporting.
Should incidents arise, upon adjudication those found to be in violation of this Code of Conduct may be immediately expelled from the Begin community.
This version of the Begin Community Code of Conduct may be a copy included for your convenience, and as such may not be up to date; all versions of the Begin Community Code of Conduct are superseded by the version found in the Begin Policy archive, which takes precedence over any prior versions.