Sumo Logic provides a cloud-based log management solution. It can process and analyze log files in peta-byte scale. This library provides a Java client to execute searches on the data collected by the Sumo Logic service.
- 2017-02-21: The Search API has been deprecated and will be removed in the next release. Please migrate to the Search Job API by using the
- 2016-09-16: Version 2.2 released to maven central.
- 2015-11-23: Version 2.1 released to maven central.
- 2014-10-30: Version 2.0 released to maven central.
- 2012-09-12: Version 1.0 released to maven central.
How to use
The Java client library is available on Maven central (http://search.maven.org/). To use it, add:
<dependency> <groupId>com.sumologic.api.client</groupId> <artifactId>sumo-java-client</artifactId> <version>2.2</version> </dependency>
to your pom.xml
Current Limitations and Known Bugs
The older Search API has serious limitations; we strongly recommend you to use the Search Job API with the
SearchJobClient class instead. If you continue to use the deprecated
SearchClient class, you will have the following limitations:
- A maximum of 100k log lines are returned at once. If you need more data you can issue subsequent queries covering a smaller time frame.
- Queries need to complete in 60 seconds. Otherwise the session will timeout and no results are returned.
The Sumo Logic client library is published under the Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Please visit http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt for details.
If you have any problems using our Java client or if you need support please do not hesitate contact us via e-mail at email@example.com