Smartlook iOS SDK
The documentation for iOS SDK can be found at https://smartlook.github.io/docs/sdk/ios/
This repository serves as an issue tracker.
All notable changes to this project will be documented here.
[1.2.7] - 2019-12-18
- removed all traces of
UIWebViewis deprecated and app that use it will soon not allowed in App Store.
UIWebViewfrom SDK causes that
UIWebViewinstances are not overlayed in recordings. If you want all instances of
UIWebViewoverlayed to protect potentially sensitive data, add the following line just after Smartlook setup.
// Swift Smartlook.registerBlacklisted(object: UIWebView.self) // OBJ-C [Smartlook registerBlacklistedObject:UIWebView.class];
[1.2.6] - 2019-12-02
- removed calls to UIWebView methods to avoid App Store warnings.
- this causes that in whitelisted UIWebView, sensitive fields are no longer overlayed. In embedded web views, sensitive fileds are overlayed only in WKWebView from now.
- ability to whitelist sensitive fields in whitelisted WKWebViews. In order to do that, flag the whitelisted HTML elements with
[1.2.5] - 2019-11-11
- SDK is build using Xcode 10 again to avoid
___isPlatformVersionAtLeastundefined symbol issue.
[1.2.4] - 2019-11-09
- crashing when app presents
UIAlertControllernot using the standard
[1.2.3] - 2019-10-25
- crashing when app uses
[1.2.2] - 2019-10-23
UIAlertControllernavigation events and actions recorded
- in whitelisted instances of
WKWebView, the sensitive data inside them are overlayed
[1.2.1] - 2019-09-23
- bug when Smartlook crashed on iOS 10.x when some kinds of views (e.g.,
UIAlertController) were used in the app
- bug when Smartlook crashed when the app started w/out network connection
- support for custom timed events
[1.2.0] - 2019-09-09
- support for custom navigation events
- improved recording when there are Maps, SpriteKit, SceneKit or Metal views in UIKit app
- bug when
- various smaller issues
[1.1.0] - 2019-07-23
- new much consistent version of API, the legacy API marked as deprecated, see documentation for details
- better snapshot handlings to improve CPU and battery efficiency
- various small errors
[1.0.0] - 2019-05-21
- Crashlytics support: URL of the latest recording made by Smartlook during or before the crash is added to crashreports
- Timed events: custom events can record their duration
- Form analytics: the length of editign focus to individual UI elements is explicitly recorded
- Pause/Resume recording, init Smartlook w/out to start recording later
- Optional framerate parameter in Smartlook initialization
- crashes in some complex scenarios where delegate methods to e.g., UITableView are implemented with inheritance hierarchy
[0.1.12] - 2019-03-25
- Optimized sensitive views overlays with respect to the device rotation and CPU load.
[0.1.11] - 2019-03-4
- Supporting selector event on all
UIViewhas two new properties for direct setting of their sensitivity handling:
slSensitive(boolean flag) and
- these properties are also accessible in Xcode Interface Builder
- Location of accessed UITabBarItems
- More accurate overlay of sensitive views
[0.1.10] - 2019-01-29
- Sensitive input views (UITextField, UITextView) are hidden by default now, i.e., overlay is opt-out, not opt-in now
- UserAgent properly set for Smartlook communication
- Fixed snapshots generating when app switches keyWindow
[0.1.9] - 2019-01-15
- Multitouch events
- Keyboard show/hide events
- Removed conflicting Crashlytics framework
- Some further minor bug fixes and tweaks