DBforBix is the DB monitoring tool for Zabbix. It works like an active Zabbix Proxy by getting configuration from Zabbix Server and sending results back.
Just copy dist https://github.com/smartmarmot/DBforBIX/tree/master/dist/ to your server, edit configuration and run
See Wiki for DBforBix as Zabbix Proxy configuration instructions: https://github.com/smartmarmot/DBforBIX/wiki
DBforBIX is licensed under the GNU General Public License V.3.
You can obtain a full copy of the licese here: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt
The project's documentation is available here: http://www.smartmarmot.com/wiki/index.php?title=DBforBIX2
Github directory structure
The github repository is organized as follow:
- dists: contains the packages ready to be used
- items: contains all the itemfiles developed (also included in the distribution package)
- template: contains all the templeates developed (also included in the distribution package)
- conf: contains a sample configuration (also included in the distribution package)
- src: contains all the source code
Notes about the the structure
In the dists directory you find the source code package that has generated a specific distribution. In this way you have all the code who generated a distribution. The template and items are available within the distributions files but also in a separate location to make it easy to pull change requests as well as the src and conf.