OpenSesame is a tool to create experiments for psychology, neuroscience, and experimental economics.
Copyright, 2010-2017, Sebastiaan Mathôt and contributors.
- A comprehensive graphical user interface--flexible and easy-to-use
- Support for Python scripting--add the power of Python to your experiment
- Support for external devices--use your eye tracker, button box, EEG equipment, etc.
- Free and open source--released under the GPL3
- Crossplatform--runs on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Android (runtime only)
Each major version of OpenSesame lives in its own branch. The master branch contains the latest stable version.
OpenSesame is a graphical experiment builder. OpenSesame provides an easy to use, point-and-click interface for creating psychological/ neuroscientific experiments.
Mathôt, S., Schreij, D., & Theeuwes, J. (2012). OpenSesame: An open-source, graphical experiment builder for the social sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 44(2), 314-324. doi:10.3758/s13428-011-0168-7
If you wish to contribute to OpenSesame (and you are welcome to!), please visit:
OpenSesame is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License 3. The full license should be included in the file
COPYING, or can be obtained from:
OpenSesame contains works of others. For the full license information, please refer to
Installation instructions and documentation are available on the documentation website ...
... which is itself also hosted on GitHub: