Space Nerds In Space is an open source multiplayer networked spaceship bridge simulator game inspired by another game called "Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator" It is still a work in progress, but it is substantially far along, and reasonably free of bugs as far as I know (the game should not crash, in other words.)
Here is some video from February 2019, at HackRVA in Richmond, Virginia:
- Terminals for Navigation, Weapons, Engineering, Damage Control, Comms, Science, and Game Master.
- Multi-crew (multiple bridges) supported
- Terminals may join/leave/re-join games at any time.
- Asteroid mining
- Bounty hunting
- Travel between instances of the game via warp gates in an arbitrarily large universe of solar systems.
- Dock at starbases to repair your ship, buy/sell various commodities, sell mined ore, obtain warp gate tickets, etc.
- And of course, fly around and shoot stuff.
- Lua scripting API for mission scenarios.
Note: This game is meant to be played on a LAN with all players in the same room. Bandwidth requirements are on the order of 100k/s per client.
How to build the game from source:
How to run the game on a single machine (single player):
How to run with a multi-player LAN setup:
If you would like to help work on this project, see CONTRIBUTING.md