A simple forum application written using Rails 3 Seth Holloway (www.sethholloway.com)
This example differs from the Rails3-forum project by cutting out extra routes. This application has only forums/id/topics/id, while the previous example had forums/id/topics/id and topics/id.
What it does
This forum application contains forums, topics, and comments. Forums are high-level classifications; topics are threads within a specific forum and comments create the topic.
Getting it running
Clone the git repository
- git clone https://github.com/smholloway/Rails3-Forums-Without-Nesting.git Change directories to the application
- cd Rails3-Forums-Without-Nesting Create the database
- rake db:migrate Start the server
- rails server
- No authentication or authorization ** An admin? method simply returns true
- There is no error checking
- The code has not been thoroughly tested.
- No fancy nesting or @replies like those provided by Disqus or other modern commenting systems.