A simple forum application written using Rails 3 Seth Holloway (www.sethholloway.com)
This example differs from the Rails3-Forums-Without-Nesting project by using extra routes. This application has forums/id/topics/id and topics/id, while the 'without-nesting' example had only forums/id/topics/id.
What it does
This forum application contains forums, conversations, and comments. Forums are high-level topics; conversations are threads within a specific forum and comments create the conversation.
Getting it run
Clone the git repository
- git clone https://github.com/smholloway/Rails3-forum.git Change directories to the application
- cd Rails3-forum Create the database
- rake db:migrate Start the server
- rails server
- There is no authentication or authorization.
- There is no error checking
- The code has not been thoroughly tested.
- No fancy nesting or @replies like those provided by Disqus or other modern commenting systems.