WebSTAC to Calendar development branch
This branch contains all the code necessary to build the static HTML and CSS for WebSTAC to Calendar.
Installation and running the dev server
- Make sure you have the most recent version of Node.js (https://nodejs.org/en/).
- On the command line, in the root directory of the repository, run
- You will need a Google Calendar API key and an OAuth 2.0 client ID to make the app work. See https://console.developers.google.com/ to get those.
- When you create the API key, I recommend you add appropriate restrictions to prevent unauthorized use. The most basic one is to add an HTTP referrer restriction of http://localhost:3000, which is the default run URL of the dev server.
- Once you have those keys, create a new file called
.env.localin the root of the repository.
- Write the following two lines in the file, in the same style as
npm starton the command line.
- Finally, if the app complains about your keys or environment variables, double-check them, and restart the server (Control-C and
Deploying your own version
Of course, you'll need your own webserver for this.
- Change the
package.jsonto whereever you are hosting.
- Change the keys in
.env.productionto whatever API keys you will be using.