A GPU implementation of the Marching Cubes algorithm for extracting surfaces from volumes using OpenCL and OpenGL. See http://www.eriksmistad.no/marching-cubes-implementation-using-opencl-and-opengl/ for detailed information about this implementation.
Note that this software has been moved into the FAST framework where it is further developed and maintained.
OpenGL, GLUT, GLU, GLEW and OpenCL (with C++ bindings)
Notes about implementation
- Example 3D RAW files can be downloaded from www.volvis.org
- Currently only supports 8 bit raw files, but should be easily extended to other types
- Due to the lack of 3D texture write support on NVIDIA GPUs a slower version is used on NVIDIA GPUs. This version uses regular buffers and morton codes to emulate 3D caching. (not optimal, but at least it works)
- See LICENCE file for license information
- If you clone the project, remember to run git submodule init and git submodule update to fetch the contents of the OpenCLUtilities submodule
Use the attached CMakeLists.txt to compile the program: cmake CMakeLists.txt
Run the program with the following arguments:
filename.raw sizeX sizeY sizeZ [stepSizeX stepSizeY stepSizeZ] [spacingX spacingY spacingZ]