MonoGame is a free OpenGL implementation of the XNA 4.0 Framework. It is built upon the excellent range of Mono compilers and is compatible with MonoTouch (iOS), Mono for Android (Android), MonoMac (Mac OS X), Mono for Windows and now Linux!
Our goal is to allow XNA developers on Windows & Windows Phone 7 to port of their games to the iOS / Android / Mac OS X / Windows / Linux and visa versa, with minimal hassle.
MonoGame is actively being worked on by...
If your company plans to use and contribute to MonoGame, why not become a sponsor. If you would like to sponsor MonoGame, please contact us.
- Fix last 2 drawing bugs (Additive Blending and GL.Scissor ). Once these are fixed and Mac OS version is stable we will release 1.6.
- Add OpenGL ES 2.0 support so we can use 2048x2048 textures and then have shader support. If ES 2.0 is not found on the device it will fall back to ES 1.1, hence 1.1 working properly before moving onto ES 2.0 support.
- Once ES 2.0 with fallback to ES 1.1 is working and appears to be stable we will release MonoGame 2.0.
- Once we are happy that 2D is the best it can be...add 3D support. There is already some VertexBuffer code, and DrawPrimitives added by kelthar, but it needs to be fleshed out.
- Once 3D support is stable we can then release MonoGame 3.0 :).
- jalfx ( who started the project and named it XNATouch, in 2010. In 2011 it become MonoGame )
If you have contributed and are not listed above, please let us know.