Skip to content
This repository

HTTPS clone URL

Subversion checkout URL

You can clone with HTTPS or Subversion.

Download ZIP
tree: 51b1c5b24c
Fetching contributors…

Octocat-spinner-32-eaf2f5

Cannot retrieve contributors at this time

file 503 lines (357 sloc) 22.788 kb
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502
----------------------------------------------------------------
Different httperf settings used
----------------------------------------------------------------

Usual run:
httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong

For happstack on file test:
httperf --hog --num-conns 100000 --num-calls 1 --burst-length 1 --port 8080 --rate 10000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png


----------------------------------------------------------------
Results Summary
----------------------------------------------------------------
pong returns a 4-byte response of "PONG"
file is a request for a 50 KB png image

----------------------------------------------------------------

Average Reply Rates
          
test RoR Grails Happstack Apache Node.js Snap-log Snap-no-log
pong 258 796 8578 8843 22733 17800 35316
file 360 1769 2455 4126 4540 6152 10832
          
          
Standard Deviations
          
test RoR Grails Happstack Apache Node.js Snap-log Snap-no-log
pong 4.1 565 332 8604 380 1788 347
file 15.3 0 3254 4362 514 495 355

----------------------------------------------------------------
Ruby on Rails
----------------------------------------------------------------

-------- No logging
mightybyte@achilles ~/projects/snap/bench $ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=3000 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 106180 replies 106000 test-duration 411.745 s

Connection rate: 2.4 conn/s (411.7 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 375950.2 avg 387222.9 max 411638.6 median 0.0 stddev 6770.2
Connection time [ms]: connect 18691.7
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 257.9 req/s (3.9 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 239.0 avg 257.7 max 268.6 stddev 4.1 (82 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 4261.2 transfer 2.6
Reply size [B]: header 295.0 content 4.0 footer 0.0 (total 299.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=106000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 11.54 system 394.87 (user 2.8% system 95.9% total 98.7%)
Net I/O: 91.8 KB/s (0.8*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 894 client-timo 0 socket-timo 885 connrefused 0 connreset 9
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


-------- With logging
mightybyte@achilles ~ $ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=3000 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 106080 replies 106000 test-duration 426.404 s

Connection rate: 2.3 conn/s (426.4 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 391343.2 avg 401734.9 max 426361.0 median 0.0 stddev 6683.4
Connection time [ms]: connect 18722.1
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 248.8 req/s (4.0 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 225.0 avg 248.8 max 263.0 stddev 5.1 (85 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 4435.3 transfer 2.9
Reply size [B]: header 295.0 content 4.0 footer 0.0 (total 299.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=106000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 11.25 system 415.12 (user 2.6% system 97.4% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 88.6 KB/s (0.7*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 894 client-timo 0 socket-timo 890 connrefused 0 connreset 4
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0

-------- file
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8000 --rate 1000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 106054 replies 106000 test-duration 294.328 s

Connection rate: 3.4 conn/s (294.3 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 265564.5 avg 277372.8 max 294301.7 median 0.0 stddev 5259.2
Connection time [ms]: connect 18790.9
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 360.3 req/s (2.8 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 80.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 329.8 avg 359.7 max 409.2 stddev 15.3 (58 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 3046.2 transfer 0.7
Reply size [B]: header 222.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51213.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=106000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 7.80 system 269.89 (user 2.6% system 91.7% total 94.3%)
Net I/O: 18039.8 KB/s (147.8*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 894 client-timo 0 socket-timo 885 connrefused 0 connreset 9
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


----------------------------------------------------------------
Grails
----------------------------------------------------------------

-------- pong
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8090 --rate 1000 --uri=/grails-bench/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8090 --uri=/grails-bench/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 126

Total: connections 1000 requests 38501 replies 25587 test-duration 5.684 s

Connection rate: 175.9 conn/s (5.7 ms/conn, <=459 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 21.2 avg 1427.0 max 5326.1 median 211.5 stddev 1861.9
Connection time [ms]: connect 347.6
Connection length [replies/conn]: 34.671

Request rate: 6773.1 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 79.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 4464.8 avg 4464.8 max 4464.8 stddev 0.0 (1 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 278.1 transfer 0.3
Reply size [B]: header 149.0 content 4.0 footer 1.0 (total 154.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=25587 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 0.14 system 2.24 (user 2.5% system 39.4% total 41.9%)
Net I/O: 1198.3 KB/s (9.8*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 1000
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


-------- file
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8000 --rate 1000 --uri=/grails-bench/images/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8000 --uri=/grails-bench/images/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 30

Total: connections 1000 requests 30011 replies 15303 test-duration 6.881 s

Connection rate: 145.3 conn/s (6.9 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 407.0 avg 4363.2 max 6818.9 median 3441.5 stddev 2108.2
Connection time [ms]: connect 2444.7
Connection length [replies/conn]: 43.229

Request rate: 4361.7 req/s (0.2 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 100.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 1769.4 avg 1769.4 max 1769.4 stddev 0.0 (1 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 682.3 transfer 57.0
Reply size [B]: header 230.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51221.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=15303 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 0.17 system 2.84 (user 2.4% system 41.3% total 43.7%)
Net I/O: 111677.7 KB/s (914.9*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 1000
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


----------------------------------------------------------------
Happstack
----------------------------------------------------------------

mightybyte@achilles ~/projects/snap/bench $ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8000 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8000 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 1000000 replies 1000000 test-duration 116.297 s

Connection rate: 8.6 conn/s (116.3 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 100447.3 avg 113307.8 max 115707.2 median 0.0 stddev 3521.7
Connection time [ms]: connect 1943.0
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 8598.6 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 8426.2 avg 8578.2 max 9999.1 stddev 332.9 (23 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 1172.7 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 165.0 content 4.0 footer 0.0 (total 169.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=1000000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 3.82 system 112.46 (user 3.3% system 96.7% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 1973.3 KB/s (16.2*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 0 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0

----------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: When the happstack app is compiled with -threaded and run
with "+RTS -A4M -N4 -qg0 -qb -g1" it generates a stack overflow
after httperf spins up.

mightybyte@achilles ~/projects/snap/bench/happstack $ ./Main +RTS -A4M -N4 -qg0 -qb -g1
Stack space overflow: current size 8388608 bytes.
Use `+RTS -Ksize -RTS' to increase it.

NOTE 2: When running with "+RTS -N4", it never finished. Broke
out and httperf said 12.6 req/s
----------------------------------------------------------------

-------- file
----------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Happstack doesn't support pipelining, so we had to change
the httperf settings. These numbers aren't really good for
comparing against the other servers, but they're somewhat
meaningful since they reflect a limitation of the server.
----------------------------------------------------------------
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 100000 --num-calls 1 --burst-length 1 --port 8080 --rate 10000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8080 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=10000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=100000 --num-calls=1
Maximum connect burst length: 39

Total: connections 33263 requests 33040 replies 32914 test-duration 60.123 s

Connection rate: 553.3 conn/s (1.8 ms/conn, <=1022 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 0.4 avg 1235.0 max 60049.7 median 29.5 stddev 7766.3
Connection time [ms]: connect 736.8
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1.000

Request rate: 549.5 req/s (1.8 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 80.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 153.7 avg 2455.3 max 4756.9 stddev 3254.9 (2 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 788.1 transfer 111.3
Reply size [B]: header 302.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51293.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=32914 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 9.45 system 49.90 (user 15.7% system 83.0% total 98.7%)
Net I/O: 27465.1 KB/s (225.0*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 67086 client-timo 0 socket-timo 223 connrefused 0 connreset 126
Errors: fd-unavail 66737 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0



----------------------------------------------------------------
Apache+PHP (2.2.16, 5.2.14)
----------------------------------------------------------------
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8080 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong.php
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8080 --uri=/pong.php --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 5

Total: connections 1000 requests 120000 replies 101000 test-duration 10.250 s

Connection rate: 97.6 conn/s (10.3 ms/conn, <=806 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 29.3 avg 3618.3 max 9326.7 median 3619.5 stddev 2940.4
Connection time [ms]: connect 2992.4
Connection length [replies/conn]: 101.000

Request rate: 11707.0 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 70.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 4680.2 avg 9586.4 max 14492.6 stddev 6938.4 (2 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 119.1 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 222.0 content 4.0 footer 0.0 (total 226.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=101000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 0.43 system 9.21 (user 4.2% system 89.8% total 94.0%)
Net I/O: 2976.8 KB/s (24.4*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 1000
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


-------- file
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8080 --rate 1000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8080 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 2

Total: connections 1000 requests 102360 replies 86153 test-duration 22.021 s

Connection rate: 45.4 conn/s (22.0 ms/conn, <=887 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 88.9 avg 4840.4 max 10505.2 median 4088.5 stddev 3540.2
Connection time [ms]: connect 6454.2
Connection length [replies/conn]: 101.000

Request rate: 4648.3 req/s (0.2 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 80.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 0.0 avg 4307.7 max 9906.1 stddev 4114.0 (4 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 167.5 transfer 1.0
Reply size [B]: header 304.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51295.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=86153 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 0.89 system 20.57 (user 4.0% system 93.4% total 97.5%)
Net I/O: 196343.5 KB/s (1608.4*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 147 connrefused 0 connreset 853
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0



----------------------------------------------------------------
Snap 0.3
----------------------------------------------------------------

-------- pong with GHC 7.0.1 and +RTS -A4M -N4 (access logging turned off)
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=3000 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 793000 replies 793000 test-duration 23.661 s

Connection rate: 42.3 conn/s (23.7 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 7788.3 avg 16280.8 max 23016.1 median 17509.5 stddev 4576.0
Connection time [ms]: connect 6692.1
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 33515.5 req/s (0.0 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 34904.4 avg 35316.3 max 35745.8 stddev 346.7 (4 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 260.8 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 104.0 content 4.0 footer 2.0 (total 110.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=793000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 1.83 system 21.82 (user 7.7% system 92.2% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 5695.0 KB/s (46.7*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 207 client-timo 0 socket-timo 207 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0

-------- pong with GHC 6.12.3 and +RTS -A4M -N4 (access logging turned off)
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=3000 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 774000 replies 774000 test-duration 23.509 s

Connection rate: 42.5 conn/s (23.5 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 8788.2 avg 17192.8 max 22697.7 median 18653.5 stddev 4570.4
Connection time [ms]: connect 7293.7
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 32923.6 req/s (0.0 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 32574.7 avg 33195.8 max 33932.3 stddev 558.2 (4 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 272.1 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 104.0 content 4.0 footer 2.0 (total 110.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=774000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 2.28 system 21.23 (user 9.7% system 90.3% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 5594.4 KB/s (45.8*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 226 client-timo 0 socket-timo 226 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


-------- pong with GHC 7.0.1 and +RTS -A4M -N4 (access logging turned on)
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=3000 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 678000 replies 678000 test-duration 38.707 s

Connection rate: 25.8 conn/s (38.7 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 13843.4 avg 29327.9 max 38009.8 median 31542.5 stddev 6922.0
Connection time [ms]: connect 8833.4
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 17516.0 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 15388.2 avg 17800.6 max 20092.6 stddev 1787.9 (7 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 510.5 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 104.0 content 4.0 footer 2.0 (total 110.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=678000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 1.42 system 37.29 (user 3.7% system 96.3% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 2976.4 KB/s (24.4*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 322 client-timo 0 socket-timo 322 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


-------- file with GHC 7.0.1 and +RTS -A4M -N4 (access logging turned off)
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=3000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 1000000 replies 1000000 test-duration 93.656 s

Connection rate: 10.7 conn/s (93.7 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 78452.8 avg 88319.7 max 92965.8 median 88640.5 stddev 2823.4
Connection time [ms]: connect 1942.7
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 10677.4 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 80.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 10601.7 avg 10832.4 max 11908.9 stddev 355.2 (18 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 864.6 transfer 46.9
Reply size [B]: header 192.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51183.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=1000000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 7.73 system 85.92 (user 8.2% system 91.7% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 534526.1 KB/s (4378.8*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 0 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


-------- file with GHC 7.0.1 and +RTS -A4M -N4 (access logging turned on)
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 3000 --rate 1000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=3000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 994000 replies 994000 test-duration 162.429 s

Connection rate: 6.2 conn/s (162.4 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 141314.1 avg 155789.2 max 161698.1 median 0.0 stddev 4199.9
Connection time [ms]: connect 2570.3
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 6119.6 req/s (0.2 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 80.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 5367.3 avg 6152.4 max 7680.8 stddev 494.8 (32 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 1540.7 transfer 77.5
Reply size [B]: header 192.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51183.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=994000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 7.54 system 154.85 (user 4.6% system 95.3% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 306356.4 KB/s (2509.7*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 6 client-timo 0 socket-timo 6 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


----------------------------------------------------------------
Node.js 0.2.4
----------------------------------------------------------------

-------- pong
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8124 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8124 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 990000 replies 990000 test-duration 43.550 s

Connection rate: 23.0 conn/s (43.5 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 35958.5 avg 40031.5 max 42730.1 median 39650.5 stddev 1628.2
Connection time [ms]: connect 2173.5
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 22732.5 req/s (0.0 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 21816.6 avg 22733.0 max 22965.3 stddev 380.0 (8 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 758.6 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 97.0 content 4.0 footer 2.0 (total 103.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=990000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0

CPU time [s]: user 0.60 system 42.95 (user 1.4% system 98.6% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 3707.4 KB/s (30.4*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 10 client-timo 0 socket-timo 10 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0


-------- file
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8124 --rate 1000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8124 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1

Total: connections 1000 requests 1000000 replies 1000000 test-duration 221.481 s

Connection rate: 4.5 conn/s (221.5 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
Connection time [ms]: min 217444.2 avg 218245.8 max 221430.4 median 0.0 stddev 707.6
Connection time [ms]: connect 0.0
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000

Request rate: 4515.1 req/s (0.2 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 80.0

Reply rate [replies/s]: min 3425.4 avg 4540.0 max 6287.5 stddev 514.2 (44 samples)
Reply time [ms]: response 4362.0 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 115.0 content 248.0 footer 2.0 (total 365.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=2517 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=997483

CPU time [s]: user 2.63 system 218.84 (user 1.2% system 98.8% total 100.0%)
Net I/O: 1957.4 KB/s (16.0*10^6 bps)

Errors: total 0 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0

Something went wrong with that request. Please try again.