Permalink
Browse files

Updated benchmarks. New version of grails.

  • Loading branch information...
1 parent c58eacd commit 5c21cae159cb21bc524e4467b533fafc051e484f @mightybyte mightybyte committed Nov 10, 2010
Showing with 100 additions and 545,617 deletions.
  1. +4 −4 grails-bench/application.properties
  2. +3 −1 grails-bench/grails-app/conf/Config.groovy
  3. +0 −17 grails-bench/prodDb.properties
  4. +0 −6 grails-bench/prodDb.script
  5. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BootStrap$_closure1.class
  6. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BootStrap$_closure2.class
  7. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BootStrap.class
  8. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BuildConfig$_run_closure1.class
  9. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BuildConfig$_run_closure1_closure2.class
  10. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BuildConfig$_run_closure1_closure3.class
  11. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BuildConfig$_run_closure1_closure4.class
  12. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/BuildConfig.class
  13. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/Config$_run_closure1.class
  14. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/Config$_run_closure1_closure3.class
  15. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/Config$_run_closure1_closure4.class
  16. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/Config$_run_closure1_closure5.class
  17. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/Config$_run_closure2.class
  18. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/Config.class
  19. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure1.class
  20. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure2.class
  21. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure3.class
  22. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure3_closure4.class
  23. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure3_closure4_closure7.class
  24. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure3_closure5.class
  25. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure3_closure5_closure8.class
  26. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure3_closure6.class
  27. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource$_run_closure3_closure6_closure9.class
  28. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/DataSource.class
  29. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/HibernateGrailsPlugin$_closure1.class
  30. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/HibernateGrailsPlugin$_closure2.class
  31. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/HibernateGrailsPlugin.class
  32. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/TomcatGrailsPlugin.class
  33. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/UrlMappings$__clinit__closure1.class
  34. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/UrlMappings$__clinit__closure1_closure2.class
  35. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/UrlMappings$__clinit__closure1_closure2_closure3.class
  36. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/UrlMappings.class
  37. +0 −8 grails-bench/target/classes/application.properties
  38. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/grails/bench/Pong$__clinit__closure1.class
  39. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/grails/bench/Pong.class
  40. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/grails/bench/PongController$_closure1.class
  41. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/grails/bench/PongController.class
  42. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/org/grails/tomcat/ParentDelegatingClassLoader.class
  43. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/org/grails/tomcat/TomcatLoader.class
  44. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/org/grails/tomcat/TomcatServer$_preStart_closure1.class
  45. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/org/grails/tomcat/TomcatServer$_preStart_closure1_closure2.class
  46. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/org/grails/tomcat/TomcatServer.class
  47. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/org/grails/tomcat/TomcatServerFactory.class
  48. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/resources$_run_closure1.class
  49. BIN grails-bench/target/classes/resources.class
  50. +0 −1,263 grails-bench/target/stacktrace.log
  51. +1 −2 grails-bench/web-app/WEB-INF/tld/grails.tld
  52. +92 −62 results.txt
  53. 0 ror/log/development.log
  54. +0 −544,254 ror/log/production.log
  55. 0 ror/log/server.log
  56. 0 ror/log/test.log
@@ -1,8 +1,8 @@
#Grails Metadata file
-#Tue Apr 27 13:58:56 EDT 2010
-app.grails.version=1.2.2
+#Wed Nov 10 15:45:34 EST 2010
+app.grails.version=1.3.5
app.name=grails-bench
app.servlet.version=2.4
app.version=0.1
-plugins.hibernate=1.2.2
-plugins.tomcat=1.2.2
+plugins.hibernate=1.3.5
+plugins.tomcat=1.3.5
@@ -44,14 +44,16 @@ grails.logging.jul.usebridge = true
// packages to include in Spring bean scanning
grails.spring.bean.packages = []
+grails.app.context = "/"
+
// set per-environment serverURL stem for creating absolute links
environments {
production {
grails.serverURL = "http://localhost:8000/"
}
development {
//grails.serverURL = "http://localhost:8080/${appName}"
- grails.serverURL = "http://localhost:8080/"
+ grails.serverURL = "http://localhost:8000/"
}
test {
//grails.serverURL = "http://localhost:8080/${appName}"
@@ -1,17 +0,0 @@
-#HSQL Database Engine 1.8.0.10
-#Tue Apr 27 15:05:10 EDT 2010
-hsqldb.script_format=0
-runtime.gc_interval=0
-sql.enforce_strict_size=false
-hsqldb.cache_size_scale=8
-readonly=false
-hsqldb.nio_data_file=true
-hsqldb.cache_scale=14
-version=1.8.0
-hsqldb.default_table_type=memory
-hsqldb.cache_file_scale=1
-hsqldb.log_size=200
-modified=no
-hsqldb.cache_version=1.7.0
-hsqldb.original_version=1.8.0
-hsqldb.compatible_version=1.8.0
@@ -1,6 +0,0 @@
-CREATE SCHEMA PUBLIC AUTHORIZATION DBA
-CREATE MEMORY TABLE PONG(ID BIGINT GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY(START WITH 1) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,VERSION BIGINT NOT NULL)
-ALTER TABLE PONG ALTER COLUMN ID RESTART WITH 1
-CREATE USER SA PASSWORD ""
-GRANT DBA TO SA
-SET WRITE_DELAY 10
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
@@ -1,8 +0,0 @@
-#Grails Metadata file
-#Tue Apr 27 13:58:56 EDT 2010
-app.grails.version=1.2.2
-app.name=grails-bench
-app.servlet.version=2.4
-app.version=0.1
-plugins.hibernate=1.2.2
-plugins.tomcat=1.2.2
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Binary file not shown.
Oops, something went wrong.
@@ -4,12 +4,11 @@
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd"
version="2.0">
- <description>The Grails (Groovy on Rails) custom tag library</description>
+ <description>The Grails custom tag library</description>
<tlib-version>0.2</tlib-version>
<short-name>grails</short-name>
<uri>http://grails.codehaus.org/tags</uri>
-
<tag>
<name>link</name>
<tag-class>org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.taglib.jsp.JspLinkTag</tag-class>
View
@@ -19,16 +19,16 @@ file is a request for a 50 KB png image
Average Reply Rates
-test RoR Grails Happstack Apache Snap
-pong 258 796 8578 8843 35136
-file 360 1769 2455 4126 11099
+test RoR Grails Happstack Apache Node.js Snap
+pong 258 796 8578 8843 22733 35136
+file 360 1769 2455 4126 4540 11099
Standard Deviations
-test RoR Grails Happstack Apache Snap
-pong 4.1 565 332 8604 373.2
-file 15.3 0 3254 4362 331.5
+test RoR Grails Happstack Apache Node.js Snap
+pong 4.1 565 332 8604 380 373.2
+file 15.3 0 3254 4362 514 331.5
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ruby on Rails
@@ -118,31 +118,33 @@ Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
Grails
----------------------------------------------------------------
-mightybyte@achilles ~/projects/snap/bench $ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8080 --rate 1000 --uri=/grails-bench/pong
-httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8080 --uri=/grails-bench/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
-Maximum connect burst length: 74
+-------- pong
+$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8090 --rate 1000 --uri=/grails-bench/pong
+httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8090 --uri=/grails-bench/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
+Maximum connect burst length: 126
-Total: connections 1000 requests 28924 replies 16009 test-duration 21.947 s
+Total: connections 1000 requests 38501 replies 25587 test-duration 5.684 s
-Connection rate: 45.6 conn/s (21.9 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
-Connection time [ms]: min 1080.4 avg 7016.7 max 18592.3 median 4650.5 stddev 4317.1
-Connection time [ms]: connect 4874.0
-Connection length [replies/conn]: 20.982
+Connection rate: 175.9 conn/s (5.7 ms/conn, <=459 concurrent connections)
+Connection time [ms]: min 21.2 avg 1427.0 max 5326.1 median 211.5 stddev 1861.9
+Connection time [ms]: connect 347.6
+Connection length [replies/conn]: 34.671
-Request rate: 1317.9 req/s (0.8 ms/req)
+Request rate: 6773.1 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 79.0
-Reply rate [replies/s]: min 60.0 avg 796.4 max 1313.3 stddev 564.9 (4 samples)
-Reply time [ms]: response 1584.0 transfer 4.9
+Reply rate [replies/s]: min 4464.8 avg 4464.8 max 4464.8 stddev 0.0 (1 samples)
+Reply time [ms]: response 278.1 transfer 0.3
Reply size [B]: header 149.0 content 4.0 footer 1.0 (total 154.0)
-Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=16009 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0
+Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=25587 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0
-CPU time [s]: user 0.51 system 11.62 (user 2.3% system 52.9% total 55.2%)
-Net I/O: 211.1 KB/s (1.7*10^6 bps)
+CPU time [s]: user 0.14 system 2.24 (user 2.5% system 39.4% total 41.9%)
+Net I/O: 1198.3 KB/s (9.8*10^6 bps)
-Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 74 connrefused 0 connreset 926
+Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 1000
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
+
-------- file
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8000 --rate 1000 --uri=/grails-bench/images/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8000 --uri=/grails-bench/images/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
@@ -247,62 +249,64 @@ Errors: fd-unavail 66737 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
----------------------------------------------------------------
-Apache+PHP
+Apache+PHP (2.2.16, 5.2.14)
----------------------------------------------------------------
-mightybyte@achilles ~/projects/snap/snap-benchmarks $ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 80 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong.php
-httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=80 --uri=/pong.php --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
-Maximum connect burst length: 7
+$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8080 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong.php
+httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8080 --uri=/pong.php --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
+Maximum connect burst length: 5
-Total: connections 1000 requests 120000 replies 101000 test-duration 10.559 s
+Total: connections 1000 requests 120000 replies 101000 test-duration 10.250 s
-Connection rate: 94.7 conn/s (10.6 ms/conn, <=800 concurrent connections)
-Connection time [ms]: min 30.0 avg 4024.6 max 9589.4 median 3538.5 stddev 3414.1
-Connection time [ms]: connect 3555.3
+Connection rate: 97.6 conn/s (10.3 ms/conn, <=806 concurrent connections)
+Connection time [ms]: min 29.3 avg 3618.3 max 9326.7 median 3619.5 stddev 2940.4
+Connection time [ms]: connect 2992.4
Connection length [replies/conn]: 101.000
-Request rate: 11364.4 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
+Request rate: 11707.0 req/s (0.1 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 70.0
-Reply rate [replies/s]: min 2759.0 avg 8842.9 max 14926.9 stddev 8604.0 (2 samples)
-Reply time [ms]: response 89.9 transfer 0.0
-Reply size [B]: header 219.0 content 4.0 footer 0.0 (total 223.0)
+Reply rate [replies/s]: min 4680.2 avg 9586.4 max 14492.6 stddev 6938.4 (2 samples)
+Reply time [ms]: response 119.1 transfer 0.0
+Reply size [B]: header 222.0 content 4.0 footer 0.0 (total 226.0)
Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=101000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0
-CPU time [s]: user 0.32 system 10.18 (user 3.1% system 96.4% total 99.5%)
-Net I/O: 2861.6 KB/s (23.4*10^6 bps)
+CPU time [s]: user 0.43 system 9.21 (user 4.2% system 89.8% total 94.0%)
+Net I/O: 2976.8 KB/s (24.4*10^6 bps)
Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 1000
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
+
-------- file
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8080 --rate 1000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8080 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
-Maximum connect burst length: 1
+Maximum connect burst length: 2
-Total: connections 1000 requests 98040 replies 82517 test-duration 21.998 s
+Total: connections 1000 requests 102360 replies 86153 test-duration 22.021 s
-Connection rate: 45.5 conn/s (22.0 ms/conn, <=863 concurrent connections)
-Connection time [ms]: min 54.6 avg 4565.9 max 10325.4 median 3977.5 stddev 3604.0
-Connection time [ms]: connect 6920.7
+Connection rate: 45.4 conn/s (22.0 ms/conn, <=887 concurrent connections)
+Connection time [ms]: min 88.9 avg 4840.4 max 10505.2 median 4088.5 stddev 3540.2
+Connection time [ms]: connect 6454.2
Connection length [replies/conn]: 101.000
-Request rate: 4456.8 req/s (0.2 ms/req)
+Request rate: 4648.3 req/s (0.2 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 80.0
-Reply rate [replies/s]: min 0.0 avg 4125.8 max 10289.5 stddev 4362.4 (4 samples)
-Reply time [ms]: response 148.7 transfer 0.9
-Reply size [B]: header 302.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51293.0)
-Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=82517 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0
+Reply rate [replies/s]: min 0.0 avg 4307.7 max 9906.1 stddev 4114.0 (4 samples)
+Reply time [ms]: response 167.5 transfer 1.0
+Reply size [B]: header 304.0 content 50991.0 footer 0.0 (total 51295.0)
+Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=86153 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0
-CPU time [s]: user 0.73 system 21.00 (user 3.3% system 95.5% total 98.8%)
-Net I/O: 188247.9 KB/s (1542.1*10^6 bps)
+CPU time [s]: user 0.89 system 20.57 (user 4.0% system 93.4% total 97.5%)
+Net I/O: 196343.5 KB/s (1608.4*10^6 bps)
-Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 183 connrefused 0 connreset 817
+Errors: total 1000 client-timo 0 socket-timo 147 connrefused 0 connreset 853
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
+
----------------------------------------------------------------
-Snap
+Snap 0.3
----------------------------------------------------------------
-------- pong with GHC7 and +RTS -A4M -N4 (access logging turned off)
@@ -411,33 +415,59 @@ Errors: total 1 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 1
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
----------------------------------------------------------------
-Node.js
+Node.js 0.2.4
----------------------------------------------------------------
---------
+-------- pong
$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8124 --rate 1000 --uri=/pong
httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8124 --uri=/pong --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
Maximum connect burst length: 1
-Total: connections 1000 requests 963000 replies 963000 test-duration 36.391 s
+Total: connections 1000 requests 990000 replies 990000 test-duration 43.550 s
-Connection rate: 27.5 conn/s (36.4 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
-Connection time [ms]: min 29995.9 avg 33252.7 max 35598.3 median 32962.5 stddev 1341.9
-Connection time [ms]: connect 2369.8
+Connection rate: 23.0 conn/s (43.5 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
+Connection time [ms]: min 35958.5 avg 40031.5 max 42730.1 median 39650.5 stddev 1628.2
+Connection time [ms]: connect 2173.5
Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000
-Request rate: 26462.7 req/s (0.0 ms/req)
+Request rate: 22732.5 req/s (0.0 ms/req)
Request size [B]: 66.0
-Reply rate [replies/s]: min 25483.1 avg 26476.2 max 26785.7 stddev 456.8 (7 samples)
-Reply time [ms]: response 629.4 transfer 0.0
+Reply rate [replies/s]: min 21816.6 avg 22733.0 max 22965.3 stddev 380.0 (8 samples)
+Reply time [ms]: response 758.6 transfer 0.0
Reply size [B]: header 97.0 content 4.0 footer 2.0 (total 103.0)
-Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=963000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0
+Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=990000 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=0
-CPU time [s]: user 1.27 system 35.12 (user 3.5% system 96.5% total 100.0%)
-Net I/O: 4315.7 KB/s (35.4*10^6 bps)
+CPU time [s]: user 0.60 system 42.95 (user 1.4% system 98.6% total 100.0%)
+Net I/O: 3707.4 KB/s (30.4*10^6 bps)
-Errors: total 37 client-timo 0 socket-timo 37 connrefused 0 connreset 0
+Errors: total 10 client-timo 0 socket-timo 10 connrefused 0 connreset 0
Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
+-------- file
+$ httperf --hog --num-conns 1000 --num-calls 1000 --burst-length 20 --port 8124 --rate 1000 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png
+httperf --hog --client=0/1 --server=localhost --port=8124 --uri=/FiringGeometry.png --rate=1000 --send-buffer=4096 --recv-buffer=16384 --num-conns=1000 --num-calls=1000 --burst-length=20
+Maximum connect burst length: 1
+
+Total: connections 1000 requests 1000000 replies 1000000 test-duration 221.481 s
+
+Connection rate: 4.5 conn/s (221.5 ms/conn, <=1000 concurrent connections)
+Connection time [ms]: min 217444.2 avg 218245.8 max 221430.4 median 0.0 stddev 707.6
+Connection time [ms]: connect 0.0
+Connection length [replies/conn]: 1000.000
+
+Request rate: 4515.1 req/s (0.2 ms/req)
+Request size [B]: 80.0
+
+Reply rate [replies/s]: min 3425.4 avg 4540.0 max 6287.5 stddev 514.2 (44 samples)
+Reply time [ms]: response 4362.0 transfer 0.0
+Reply size [B]: header 115.0 content 248.0 footer 2.0 (total 365.0)
+Reply status: 1xx=0 2xx=2517 3xx=0 4xx=0 5xx=997483
+
+CPU time [s]: user 2.63 system 218.84 (user 1.2% system 98.8% total 100.0%)
+Net I/O: 1957.4 KB/s (16.0*10^6 bps)
+
+Errors: total 0 client-timo 0 socket-timo 0 connrefused 0 connreset 0
+Errors: fd-unavail 0 addrunavail 0 ftab-full 0 other 0
+
No changes.
Oops, something went wrong.

0 comments on commit 5c21cae

Please sign in to comment.