Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
New in v4.1.0
Lots of big changes in this update, although most will only be noticeable if you have a large number of assets. Because of the addition of polymorphic items (the ability to check out assets to locations, other assets, etc), we ended up with some pretty brutal table joins and a few n+1 query issues. If you didn't have a lot of assets, you wouldn't have noticed as much of a performance hit, however we pride ourselves on building stuff that can accommodate tens of thousands (or more!) assets, so this was a high priority fix for us.
We have also implemented ajax menus wherever possible, so for those of you with large lists of assets, users, categories, etc, it won't be trying to stuff all of that info into the browser DOM on page load. Instead, they'll load 50 at a time, with the same select2 search within the dropdown that you've always enjoyed.
- Added user avatars to user listing
- Ajax menu madness
- Sticky headers on all listing views, so that you can see which column you're looking at for long lists
- Fixed order number and warranty bug in importer
- Set DB_HOST 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in example env (#4324)
- Sample images to go with the demo data if you use
php artisan db:seedto test
- Flattened location on assets to simplify queries
- Fixed #2857 - better CSS for requestable assets page when no results
- Fixed importer using previous row’s custom field
- Fixed #4310 - logo not scaling correctly without text
- Fixed model number not saving in modal
- Fixed #4308 - checkin and delete from user page
- Image uploads for more models, to take advantage of the rich Select2 menus (see gif)
- Fixed #4323 - Added address for users
- Fixed sorting issue in asset models when ordering by manufacturer
- Dashbpoard pie fixes
- Fixed #4360 - better output if backup fails
- Added link to requested assets in sidenav
- Added pagination, nicer formatting for requested assets
There is a large one-off migration that you'll need to run to populate the new assets
location_id field. Don't panic if it takes longer than the usual migrations do.
For upgrading instructions, click here. Users who installed Snipe-IT via Git (recommended) can just run
As always, we deeply appreciate those of you willing to test beta releases. It's a huge help. <3
Users running MariaDB 10.2.7 and later may have an issue upgrading or installing, due to a change in the way MariaDB stores null defaults. This issue will be fixed once the open pull request in the Doctrine repo is merged and a new version of Doctrine is released with these fixes. You can read more about that issue here.
After completing the upgrade process below, be sure to clear your browser cookies.
Upgrading from v3
Please see the upgrade instructions here.