Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
New in v4.1.7
This point release introduces more UI refinements, and some improvements to the Custom Asset Report, as well as the Locations and Suppliers detail views.
Improvements to the Custom Asset Report include streaming/chunking of results, so users with data sets over 10k assets should not run into issues exporting anymore. Additionally, we've tweaked the UI of that Custom Report UI, adding a select-all checkbox and a handful of filters to help you narrow down what the results you want to download based on status, location, company, model, purchase date range and more.
We've also made the Locations and Suppliers detail views MUCH more useful, with faster loading tables, Google Maps integration (if you have an API key present in the
.env and a valid address) and more useful actions to take on associated assets.
In addition, here is the highlight reel of changes for this release.
- Fixed repeated header issue in asset export
- Added datepicker range CSS
- Added variable to determine if “new” modal button should be displayed
- Fixes #4495 - missing field in Download CSV, added filter options on custom report export, use chunking for larger datasets
- Fixed #4345 - Disallow future date for checkin date, disallow past dates for expected_checkin
- Fixes #4508 - adds image to location view (and google map, if address and API key are present)
- Fixed bad suppliers error route on invalid supplier
- Improved suppliers view (use ajax tables)
- Fixed #4566 - search by purchase_date
- Fixed #4565 - show manufacturer in models selectlist
- Fixed #4559 - min width for checkin/checkout buttons
- Fixed #4548 - add category to model dropdown
- Fixed #4521 - profile location not selected
For general upgrading instructions, click here. Users who installed Snipe-IT via Git (recommended) can just run
To use the new Google Map embed, your locations/suppliers should have a valid address, and you'll need to add
GOOGLE_MAPS_API=YOUR-GOOGLE-API-KEY to your .env file. (Follow these directions to get a free Google Maps API key.)
If you get a composer error about AWS, like
PHP Fatal error: Class 'Aws\Laravel\AwsServiceProvider' not found [Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException]:
- delete the files (not the directory) in
config/aws.phpif it exists
For a full list of changes, see the changelog.
This version requires the php-curl extension library to be installed. (php-curl is in the overall requirements for Snipe-IT but you could get away with not having that extension loaded previously.) Composer install will fail if you do not have php-curl enabled, however php-curl is a common package and is most likely already installed/enabled.
Users running MariaDB 10.2.7 and later may have an issue upgrading or installing, due to a change in the way MariaDB stores null defaults. This issue will be fixed once the open pull request in the Doctrine repo is merged and a new version of Doctrine is released with these fixes. You can read more about that issue here.
After completing the upgrade process below, be sure to clear your browser cookies.
Upgrading from v3
Please see the upgrade instructions here.