New in v4.6.18
IMPORTANT: This IS THE final release of Snipe-IT that will work with PHP5. ALL future versions of Snipe-IT will require PHP 7.1.3 or greater.
This release is intended as a legacy release for users who will not be able to upgrade their version of PHP. If you are already running PHP7, you can skip this update and instead upgrade to 4.7, which will be released later today.
We upgraded some package dependencies to later versions for this release, however the we cannot upgrade the laravel framework itself due to PHP version constraints. Doing so would break the installations for everyone who is currently still running PHP 5x.
Users are strongly advised to upgrade their version of PHP so that they're ready for v4.7 and then v5.
- Fixed #6883 - remove escaping of fields on LDAP import
- Fixed #6880 - correctly encrypt encrypted fields via the API
- Fixes #5054: LDAP users deactivated LDAP (non-AD) (#7032)
- Updated package dependencies
- Fixed 4.6.17 regression #7044 - API update deleted custom fields if they are not re-presented
- Fixed XSS vulnerability when creating a new categories, etc via modal (thanks, @1Jesper1!)
- Updated email strings
- Fixed #7046 - added user website url back into UI
- Updated language strings
For general upgrading instructions, click here. Users who installed Snipe-IT via Git (recommended) can just run
For a full list of changes, see the changelog.
Snipe-IT v4.x is not compatible with PHP 7.3. You'll need to use a version of PHP between 5.6.4 and 7.2.x. This is due to a limitation of the underlying framework. The upcoming v5 will support 7.3+.
Users running MariaDB 10.2.7 and later may have an issue upgrading or installing, due to a change in the way MariaDB stores null defaults. This issue will be fixed once the open pull request in the Doctrine repo is merged and a new version of Doctrine is released with these fixes. You can read more about that issue here.
After completing the upgrade process below, be sure to clear your browser cookies.
Upgrading from v3
Please see the upgrade instructions here.