Build Systems à la Carte
This project provides an executable framework for developing and comparing build systems, viewing them as related points in landscape rather than as isolated phenomena. The code derives from the ICFP 2018 paper "Build Systems à la Carte" (PDF).
You may be interested to:
stack testto execute all the provided build systems on a very simple example.
- Look at the HTML documentation of all modules for the last release,
or generate it yourself using
- Read the code, particularly Build.System, which is the concrete implementation of all build systems.
- Blog post on the motivation behind the project.
- Blog post on the task abstraction.
- Blog post reviewing how the paper was written.
- Talk by Neil on this paper and Shake.
- A talk on build systems by Andrey.