Snuze is a PHP client interface for Reddit's API.
Snuze is designed to help you, a PHP developer, quickly build bots or other applications that interact with the Reddit service, without having to learn much about how Reddit's API works. Some of Snuze's key features include:
- Retrieve data about subreddits, submissions, and users (interactive features are on the way)
- Entity classes for working with Reddit "thing" objects:
- Supports OAuth authentication for Reddit "script application" apps
- Automatic tracking of Reddit's API rate limit state; can auto pause as needed
- Includes a MySQL persistence layer to optionally store what you fetch
Snuze supports Reddit's "script application" app type. This means you need to have a Reddit account and register a "script" app in its preferences.
This is a preview release of Snuze. The current version supports some common read-only actions while the overall design is being stabilized. You can use this release to spider Reddit data for analysis, scan your favorite subreddits for new links, or other tasks that don't involve posting/submitting data.
Snuze has the following requirements:
- PHP 7.2 or newer, capable of running from the command line
- Composer to handle installation and create the autoloader
- A Reddit account
While not absolutely necessary, it's also useful to have:
pdo_sqliteextension, version 3.20.1 or newer; this is enabled by default in modern PHP installs
pdo_mysqliextension, only if you want to use the MySQL storage provider
Please see the external Snuze documentation for information on how to install, configure, and use Snuze. There's simply too much to include in one README.
If you find a bug in Snuze, the best way to report it is to open a new issue on GitHub with a description of what happened. If Snuze threw an exception, please include it in your report, and if the bug can be reproduced, try to add a snippet of code that will trigger it.
For general questions, suggestions, or other discussions, check out /r/snuze on Reddit.