How to Contribute
Contributions to the project can take many forms:
** Document missing features ** I won't even pretend to understand the XML/XSD semantics completely so there is a good chance I missed something. You can help by submitting examples of XML (with the according schema) which soapfish currently can not handle. Ideally you'd write a unit test which clearly demonstrates the failure.
Please try to minimize the sample as much as possible. I know this can be time-consuming but otherwise another developer has to do it, taking away precious development time.
** Implement missing features ** Well, of course that's most helpful.
Some advice about the order in which new features should be implemented:
- Ensure that you can express the XSD schema using the classes from soapfish.xsdspec. This is the actual schema representation without any semantic sugar.
- Build your schema in soapfish.xsd elements which is the high-level API. Try to build the object graph as you need.
- Ensure that the assigned values in the object graph can be parsed and serialized to XML.
- Implement XSD generation using your object graph.
- Implement code-generation based on a pre-built XSD representing your use-case.