Soft Delete ActiveRecord instances.
class Blog < ActiveRecord::Base acts_as_paranoid end blog = Blog.create! :name => 'foo' # soft delete the instance blog.destroy # query database for results *including* soft deleted objects Blog.with_deleted do Blog.all end # permenantly delete the instance from the database Blog.delete! blog.id
- simple configuration
- preserves existing ActiveRecord API. No magical new API's to use when you want to soft delete a record
- automatically exclude soft deleted records from database queries (by default)
- support for querying database for all records (including soft deleted ones)
- support for permenantly deleting record from database
- Fork the project
- Fix the issue
- Add tests
- Submit a pull request on github
see CONTRIBUTORS.txt for complete list of contributors
Copyright (c) 2011 Socialcast Inc. See LICENSE.txt for further details.